Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this kit that im kind of intrested in and heres the ad

Selling a Vortech V2 kit for a mod motor. Bought it from a friend and never got around to installing it in the car. Ive decided to sell the kit because i am selling the car. kit includes
-V2 head unit powder coated black
-Head unit bracket
-Piping
-42LB injectors
-90mm draw thru mass air
You will need to get clamps and couplers and a few other items like oil lines, fittings, etc. i will post more pictures

MY question is what am I going to be looking at as far as whats missing? (oil lines,clamps,fittings couplers..ect)

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
only thing you really need is the oil drain hose,oil feed line and a few couplers and clamps. Make sure the bracket comes with ALL of the bolts. and a few couplers and clamps. Post up a Pic and well tell you exactly whats missing.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
I may be wrong but that looks like a Cobra setup on that piping email the guy and verify that this is for a GT but it dont look like it. You will be needing everything I listed above except the oil drain line. Also find out where the bracket bolts are at.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about the second one? I am txting the guy on the first one right now, The second one looks better only it says its for bullit intake :/

Are the bracket bolts hard to come by or something?

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Stay away from the P1sc if you ever want to make more then 500RWHP every thread lately i have been reading about P1sc and Dyno maxes out about 500RWHP or just a tad more. The vortech will out flow that procharger. Both of those units will take some additinl parts to make work keep looking until you find a kit specifically for your GT so you dont have to start searching down parts it can be a big headache.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stay away from the P1sc if you ever want to make more then 500RWHP every thread lately i have been reading about P1sc and Dyno maxes out about 500RWHP or just a tad more. The vortech will out flow that procharger. Both of those units will take some additinl parts to make work keep looking until you find a kit specifically for your GT so you dont have to start searching down parts it can be a big headache.
cool thanks for the help, IF ANY ONE ON HERE IS SELLING A KIT FOR MY GT LET ME KNOW!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
The 2nd one has the wrong discharge tube for your GT. It may be for a 2v but its for the bullitt. The side of the discharge tube that connects to the Throttle body is oval on the bullitt. Just like the discharge tube in the picture of the p1sc. Cant view the pics of the vortech though.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:( yea that sucks, just gottakeep my eyes and ears open ill find something, im convinced that this type of kit is better than the on3 for what I want, install looks like less of a hassle too!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
:( yea that sucks, just gottakeep my eyes and ears open ill find something, im convinced that this type of kit is better than the on3 for what I want, install looks like less of a hassle too!
From what I have seen and experienced with my supercharger they are alot easier to install. Especially if you go with a nonintercooled kit they are super easy to install.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Can you post the pics for those who aren't members over there.

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Vortech 2000-2004 Mustang 4.6L Mounting Bracket Assembly [V4FL111-031] - $279.00 : SuperchargersOnline, Worlds largest Supercharger Resource. Get Serious About Power

Getting the correct head unit that isn't beat to **** is the most important part man and get it for a decent deal. You can get everything else and piece a kit together, even the piping. I did it.

Great site for parts you may need if your system is not complete. I actually have pieced together a kit and did a supercharged intercooled setup on an 02 GT myself in my garage. Need advice, I got you. You will need a fuel pump, SVT pump. I would go BLOW Through MAF meter. You don't want a DRAW through I don't think man.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So you think im better off trying to piece it together? I found some decent deals on the head unit but I figured the piping and **** would be expensive if I didnt buy it in a kit

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dont know enought about these kits to know what parts are compatable and what I would need

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Dude I bought a Head unit and pieced everything else together. I can give you some insight. If you do some searching you can find some aluminum piping ( straights, bends, ) and then get some silicone couplers and Tbolt clamps and you are good to go.

You just need the correct Head unit and ensure it will make the PSI you need for your power goals. Then go to the site I gave you and get your Bracket & lines. Get a Blow Through SCT meter. SVT Pump and maybe a kenne bell 20 amp Boost a pump. Ensure when you replace your fuel pump do the In tank pump mod ( not sure what it's called but it helps ) Get injectors. I would go intercooled if you are willing to buy more piping and do a bit more work to be honest.

You will also want a plate that goes between the oil filter and the block that allows you to run the oil feed line from it. It usually has 4 tapped holes for like a gauge or an oil feed line ect. Also be careful when you tap your oil pan. That part made me the most nervous!!

Research the PCV setup but I ran both of my valve covers directly to an oil separator or catch can and then from catch can into the inlet before the supercharger / the pipe that went from filter to the S/C.

*** I do have the Upper radiator hose that you will need for an S/C setup if you don't get one with your kit. I may have a belt too depending on your pulley size. Let me know.

I think you will want to REMOVE the UD pulleys if I can remember.

I mean if you can find a good deal on a kit that will work then go for it but sometimes you can get off better if you do your own. Then you can put the parts you want on.

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
I would take your time. I would not touch that Saleen Kit he says " AS IS " which means he potentially may know of some issue with it. Stay away.

In terms of the piping that may be good for the intercooler setup if you choose to go that route. For the air inlet from filter to S/C I opted for 4" pipe like a power pipe but made my own. What you need to do is just find some pics of guys who had their kits and get an idea of the bends needed. Just do more research and you will be all good.

I ended up buying a vortech head unit and then found a procharger intercooler and piping only set up. I got both packages and then put my car in the garage and held parts in area they needed to be and mocked up the piping I had and then figured out what other pipes I needed to order as well as couplings. Remember to plan for your air inlet too. I made my own power pipe for way less than an Anderson one.

Oh remember your BOV blow off valve or Bypass valve. I went with a blow off valve and it sounded pretty cool

1 - 20 of 28 Posts