Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
FLOOR IT!!!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

New to forced induction, looking to get this setup in the next couple months..My question is:

1.Is my parts list complete?

Vortech V3 Polished Tuner Kit
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
60lb injectors
New Spark Plugs
Cx Racing FMIC
BA 2600 MAF
Custom Dyno Tune

2.Where will the MAF be located on this kit? Can I run it like the pictures for cx racing on ebay?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Most likely a draw through setup. Which means MAF is before the blower. Blow through, is MAF after the blower.

·
FLOOR IT!!!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey man, been reading your other posts about this and Im getting sort of confused...so with the setup pictured above i should just get like a lightning 90mm maf? what setup would you suggest? Thanks for your help, so much info and so many setups im having trouble keeping it straight

·
Registered
972 Posts
You still need a Blow off valve, and probably a boost a pump with that fuel pump.

If you already bought the intercooler, then you are gonna want to go blow thru and your maf will be in between the intercooler and the Throttle body. There are a ton of build threads in the Project section that are running similar setups to what you are shooting for. Id suggest take some time and looking through them. You'll learn alot.

·
FLOOR IT!!!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was reading on another site that since I will be running 500 or less HP, the draw through setup is ok..Opinions? I will most like be running on stock internals for a while (car sees less than 1000 miles a year) since I want to upgrade rear and transmission first (sh*tty auto trans in there right now)

·
FLOOR IT!!!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Disregard that setup as it will confuse anyone.

If your going blow through you want it like this

Filter>intake tube>supercharger>BOV>intercooler>MAF>throttle body
Loving the setup you have in your sig, was soo close to buying the logan intake!

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Was reading on another site that since I will be running 500 or less HP, the draw through setup is ok..Opinions? I will most like be running on stock internals for a while (car sees less than 1000 miles a year) since I want to upgrade rear and transmission first (sh*tty auto trans in there right now)
There have been a lot of members have trouble with a draw through system. If you are starting from scratch the I'd recommend a blow through system. There is no difference in piping. The only difference is the location of the BOV. As far as the MAF goes I recommend your stock MAF with a Diablosport MAFia. There are cars making over 1000 rwhp with that combination. The standard location of the MAF in a blow through system is the passenger fender well.

P.S. I just looked at the picture again. The by-pass valve is definitely on the pipe to the throttle body. There is no MAF after it so it has to be a draw through system but I don't see a hose leading back to the cold air intake. It must be underneath and hidden. You cannot bleed off metered air. A draw through system has the MAF in the cold air intake. Between the MAF and the head unit will be a port for the return of the by-passed air. It has to be located after the MAF because you don't want to meter the same air a second time.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
I wouldn't recommend that intercooler, from what I've seen you have to do extensive modifications to the bumper support for it to sit right. But pretty much with all high hp inter-coolers you're going to have to modify the bumper support, get a tubular, or run no bumper support.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I'm running a ProCharger so I don't really know but I think the CXRacing 3" intercooler fits. I think its the 4" that requires bumper modification.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I wouldn't recommend that intercooler, from what I've seen you have to do extensive modifications to the bumper support for it to sit right. But pretty much with all high hp inter-coolers you're going to have to modify the bumper support, get a tubular, or run no bumper support.
If OP is only lookong for 400rwhp on stock internals id say this is a fare intercooler that will achieve this goal with a smaller pulley, it may not be effecient but it will cost less.

I actually picked one of these cx intercoolers myself and will post results and any boost loss in the near future.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Good idea my stock 4r70w is a ticking time bomb (knock on wood) its j modded, nice sized trans cooler, and bigger pan. Been holding up pretty good so far as well as the stock rear end. Im at 425rwhp waiting to put in my hpx slot style maf to hopefully break 500rwhp.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
I think someone on here with a red 2v runs it, and I remember in one of his threads the pictures of the modified bumper support, and there was definitely some modifications done to get it to fit. Not trying to steer you away or anything, just trying to let you know what you might be stepping into before you start.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I think someone on here with a red 2v runs it, and I remember in one of his threads the pictures of the modified bumper support, and there was definitely some modifications done to get it to fit. Not trying to steer you away or anything, just trying to let you know what you might be stepping into before you start.
I see what you mean, OP will definately need to do some cutting if they plan on keeping the bumper support.

·
*VORTECH V3 INTERCOOLED*
218 Posts
Depends on which setup you are wanting to run: blow through or draw through. For draw through that kit provided everything you need except for fuel parts (injectors & pump) which you now have and your maf should be located before the supercharger (between your air filter & V3). If you're wanting to run blow through then you still need piping, blow off valve, and have the maf designed for blow through)

·
FLOOR IT!!!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks guys, what kind of problems have people been having with the draw through setups?? Was going to get the BA2600 so i can run it either way...not looking to make a ton of HP (400rwhp at most)...was also going to run the tubular front bumper

OK after some searching, seems that I will just do the blow through set up with the BA 2600....looks like that will be the best setup...dont want it to run like crap!

THanks all for the help

1 - 20 of 87 Posts