Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up, been a while since I have posted, insane past 3 months.

Well I finally saved enough $$ and ordered a V3 non cooled package from Brenspeed and I will start the install on lucky Fri. the 13th. You guys that have done this have any heads up advice for me to lookout for? I am good with a wrench but just like to do my homework before I try and blow anything up.

I have read the instructions 3X and the only thing that bugs me is draining the coolent. Don't like to F*** with coolent for some reason.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice.. i have a big problem with saving.. i just cant ever do it.. congratz though.
Well, it wasn't really saving....We hade a major shutdown in Sept. and I stuck it in them deep :humpnana on the OT. I just havent been off long enough to spend any of that extra until last week:D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Trust me bro draining the coolant is no big deal. I did my Paxton myself. Just take your sweet time doing this. Get yourself a dremmel it helps a lot if you need to trim here or there and a torque wrench. When you drain the coolant might as well put fresh coolant in it. And yes read, read, read.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The coolant is a very simple portion of the instructions. Like Mr. Stang stated, read, read, read !

Very easy instructions, take your time and you will be fine.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
As far as the coolant goes. There as a petcock(plug) on the bottom passenger side of the radiator. Once you remove the black pastic shield under the car you will see it easily. Twist it counter-clockwise and coolant will start draining out. Super easy. The tricky part of the install is removing the nipple from the driver side of the coolant crossover tube. Put the nipple in a vice and crush it flat, then heat it up and start twisting the coolant crossover tube with the nipple in the vice. Once you get it to budge it is easy.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Once you are done, gotta join the crew lol

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So is that it? The install is really that easy? There has to be a catch somewhere.....right? For real..what is the part that gave ya'll the most trouble?

I know the coolent is no biggie, I don't even like what comes out when you change a T-stat. Oil, trans fluid, power steering fluid, gear oil... no prob. I think it is the fact I have animals I just worry too much about them drinking it if I spill, and worry about getting it on the pullies and causing beld slippage.

I have a vise and a torch, the crossover mod is no prob, I have jacked with worse.
So this thing is easier than a LT' install? That took 12 hrs on jack stands and minimal help from others.

Plus, anybody around Houston south side have a install bold for the crank pulley?

Put me on the waiting list Mr.Stang08.....The install is in T-7 days.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
If you drain it from the petcock just use a pan under it and you won't spill any. Then when you pull a hose off minimal amount will drain out. Keep the dog out of the garage while you are working with it and there will be no worries. If it gets on the belt just hose it off with water and dry the belt with compressed air.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i just finished mine with the intercooler, its pretty easy. just make sure when you hook up the head unit to the bracket that its alligned right. i didnt have mine alligned right and couldnt figure out why my belt wouldn't fit. i thought they sent me the wrong belt. took me two days to figure out that i did a dummy dumb move. now everything works good, and man does she move.

·
Registered
225 Posts
its really not that bad. the thing i didnt like is the clearance between my s/c pully and the upper radiator hose. i actually dented mine a little b/c i thought it needed it. anyone elses this close?

·
Registered
116 Posts
at first i thought i was really close, especially when i did my first start up, but it clears just fine. took a little getting used to though.

·
Registered
335 Posts
its really not that bad. the thing i didnt like is the clearance between my s/c pully and the upper radiator hose. i actually dented mine a little b/c i thought it needed it. anyone elses this close?
Damn dude, mine is close but not quite that close. My Paxton actually came with a factory "dent" in the elbow. I'll go grab a pic here in a minute.

I think overall like mentioned above, the hardest was getting that bracket set up and fastened to the blower.

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well, that is one reason I am glad to have the 05-06...no clearance issues for the coolent bypass.
With it all bolted in though you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks for the heads up, I feel from what ya'll have to say that it is as straight forward as the instructions make it. It will be a fun weekend next week! The bad thing is, Friday and Saturday for the install, them take the wife to the Texas Renissance Festival on Sunday, and then the wife gets the car the rest of the week for school! I will have minimal amount of time to play!

T-6 days

·
Registered
225 Posts
lucky for you it should only take you most of friday night to do it,so u should have saturday to play. it only took about 8 hours to do

·
Registered
1 Posts
its not to bad.... it toke me and my bro a full day to install mine.... i have the same kit from brenspeed.... for the coolant i just bought a new oil catch pan, drained half the rad into it and poured it back in at the end of the install..... oh make sure you have power steering fluid on hand.... when u move the res and add more hose you will need to add some fluid to it.... everything else is pretty easy, abit nerve racking at time, but easy haha GL bud

1 - 20 of 34 Posts