Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I might be able to get a Vortech v3 J trim kit for a decent price. Was thinking about throwing a 427w with a nice rotating assembly and Dart block together next month.

What kind of power do you guys think I could make with the following setup

-427w
-Trickflow r225 Heads
-Lets say 9.0:1 Compression
-E85
-Boosting that blower to 25+ psi.
-Custom Solid Roller Cam ground to my Application

I thought about doing it all through a carburated setup as well. I could have this setup complete in a matter of a few months and tossed in my notch. That would mean throwing my 393w up for sale mid January to find it a new home.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
So I might be able to get a Vortech v3 J trim kit for a decent price. Was thinking about throwing a 427w with a nice rotating assembly and Dart block together next month.

What kind of power do you guys think I could make with the following setup

-427w
-Trickflow r225 Heads
-Lets say 9.0:1 Compression
-E85
-Boosting that blower to 25+ psi.
-Custom Solid Roller Cam ground to my Application

I thought about doing it all through a carburated setup as well. I could have this setup complete in a matter of a few months and tossed in my notch. That would mean throwing my 393w up for sale mid January to find it a new home.
I don't know much about anything but that's gotta be in the neighborhood of 800+...crank

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
$$$$$$$$$

whole **** ton of power is my estimate. (aka way to many variables.)

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking over 1000rwhp. 302s are making over 900rwhp on less boost with it

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
yea should be. I got a buddy with a 4.8l chevy truck motor, stock bottom end, with a 80mm turbo making right at 700rwhp through an automatic, with 21-22lbs boost. (bull **** heads, Zr1 cam)

and those are only 294ci.

he sprays it with a 100 shot to get it out of the hole, lol

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
The 427 F1 combo I built made close to 800 rwhp with 13 lbs of boost. At that boost level it should make a lot more. I would not want to fight with a blow through carbage when Holley efi is so cheap. I just priced a complete kit for 1600 to a guy yesterday. They will tune themselves. The combo I built used the same heads and an Rbox intake, but an efi spyder would have worked better. It used one of my custom grind solid roller cams too. 2" headers as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts