Modded Mustang Forums banner

Vortech V5?

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  bullitggt 
#1 ·
Whats the difference between a v5 unit for my car vs say a v1 or v2? I found a vortech v5 supercharger for sale for my car cheap, ccw, with the bracket, only thing wrong is the inlet has a slight bend(not sure if easy fix)

Would I be able to make around 400whp with this if I got a intercooler and build up the set up and what not?

See less See more
#2 ·
I haven't really heard anything about the v5s for our cars. What trim? S? Or ?

#4 ·
You need a straight inlet. The v5 wouldn't work on our cars unless you could Fab up some crazy custom piping to make it work.

Edit: I take that back. I thought by ur description it had a curved inlet. After looking at it Idk why it wouldn't work but I've never seen it done so Im sure there's a reason.
If its the one for sale on corral the guy sounds a little fishy to me just from his ad.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#6 ·
That's up to you but I'd atleast see if anyone else chimes in to answer if its compatible or call vortech before buying it. I just find it odd that vortechs site says its for smaller engines from 1.6 to 4 liter and that I've never seen one on a 99-04.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#7 ·
I looked into it. What makes people not want them is that you can only get so much power out of them compared to the v1 and v2 or v3. I only want around 400whp and I know if I push it any more then that I'll just get a bigger blower anyways along with building the bottom end.

#12 ·
Your about to recieve the Shaft never buy anything like this when its missing the identification tag cause it could be stolen. I dont even think Vortech will repair anything that has had the tag deliberately removed. keep looking you will come across a good deal just be patient.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.