Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got my new block at the shop, the old block came out today. Other than a good cleaning and smog delete what do you guys like to do with all that free space and time?

I'm thinking about doing a MILD wire tuck, as beautiful as it is to hide it all I can't imagine removing a fender to get at the starter solenoid.

Has anyone got any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
You could weld all the holes? Also a good time to put in a tubular k.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Drink beer, eat peanuts, watch football, and relax...no wonder nothing ever gets done around here.....haha on a serious note I'd get the engine bay cleaned up as stated weld some holes hide some wires etc.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I love the look of a good wire tuck, and i may even tuck a few cable away my self at a later date, but nothing crazy, but im with you on the fact that i dont want to make it harder to test and replace parts because there stuffed into the fenders or under the dash, so ill just deal with the mess in my engine bay

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I'm definitely getting everything clean first. Gonna do what I can to clean up the wiring and such as well. That got me to thinking... When rebuilding an engine, what's mandatory replacement and what's reusable? Water pump is for sure getting replaced as insurance, but what else?

·
Registered
566 Posts
So I've got my new block at the shop, the old block came out today. Other than a good cleaning and smog delete what do you guys like to do with all that free space and time?

I'm thinking about doing a MILD wire tuck, as beautiful as it is to hide it all I can't imagine removing a fender to get at the starter solenoid.

Has anyone got any other suggestions?
Curiosity why would you need to remove the fender to get at starter solenoid, or is that your assumption that you need to remove the fender to get at the starter solenoid?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Most people move the starter solenoid under the fender as well. I switched to a 94 style starter, so mine is completely gone and on the starter now.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Most people move the starter solenoid under the fender as well. I switched to a 94 style starter, so mine is completely gone and on the starter now.
Are you saying you don't have a starter solenoid?

Mine is under the fender as well but I don't have to remove the fender to get to it.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
No, mine is a part of the starter. Look at a 1994 style starter.
Hey scott, im not sure if you have seen Almost Stock engine bay, but its super clean.:drool

Hey, Almost stock, if you will through up some pics

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, mine is a part of the starter. Look at a 1994 style starter.
Your post just made me realize something, I too have the 94 style (pmgr) starter so I CAN delete my solenoid! I hadnt intended to install it until i had the block out (long tubes going on) but it just so happened that my stocker crapped out on me about 500 miles ago.
Did you just make up a terminal block?

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, Almost stock, if you will through up some pics
NO!! Almost stock DON'T put up pics! It will shame anything I ever attempt! I actually read through everything you've got up on corral, absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Hey scott, im not sure if you have seen Almost Stock engine bay, but its super clean.:drool
Yeah, I have seen it. It is nice!

Did you just make up a terminal block?
Long story short, yes. But it'll be under the passenger side of the dash. If you've seen my build, it's more race car like, but you could certainly do a terminal block under the fender.

·
Registered
566 Posts
FWIW and nothing more.

I've helped a couple of my friends hide there wires and they didn't want the starter solenoid under the fender so we put it down low on the frame rail that way they had easy access to it.

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FWIW and nothing more.

I've helped a couple of my friends hide there wires and they didn't want the starter solenoid under the fender so we put it down low on the frame rail that way they had easy access to it.
And I think that may be what I end up doing, I love how clean your bay looks but this is no show car, I think a nice tidy up will suffice for me. Your write up will be a huge help.

·
Registered
566 Posts
And I think that may be what I end up doing, I love how clean your bay looks but this is no show car, I think a nice tidy up will suffice for me. Your write up will be a huge help.
Believe me mine is no show car either, said to say it's not my daily driver but i do drive it when ever I can which is usually about 5K-6K a year.
I'm a carpenter by trade so it's hard to haul all my tools nailing guns and nails hoses along with a couple of ladders in the mustang.

Glad to hear the write up help.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I've always been under the assumption that even the 94-95 starters were wired to the solenoid.
Nope. That diagram is a generic diagram for hooking a 94/95 starter in a fox so you don't have to try and relocate the trigger wire and put a terminal block in. I assumed you found that on google and it states that it was for a 91.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I just saw your add on CL. I didnt even see that your in oceanside. I like to scroll through mustang parts on cl once or so a day, then i saw your pictures, im like oh wait, ive seen this picture some where, and then when i clicked on this thread," thats where" lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts