Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So right now i have stock manifolds and stock h pipe into Borla Catbacks. Im looking to wake up my exhaust a little bit with an o/r h pipe. I was wondering if there are h pipes that will bolt up to the stock exhaust manifold(LT's are down the road), and match up with my borla catback?
Does anyone have this set up or any ideas on how it would sound?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but those wont be for at least another two years

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Well in that case most h pipes and sound just about the same... and most x pipes sound the same so yeah... a mac prochamber sounds different

·
Registered
730 Posts
why don't you gut the cats and call it a day?

It will sound really good and louder without having to go out and buy whole new piping etc.

LT's are pointless in my opinion.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But the original question was do regular off road h pipes fit the stock manifolds

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
most mid pipes fit stock manifolds unless they say otherwise. if you're just wanting sound go with shorty headers you can reuse the stock mid or whatever aftermarket one you want. personally i like the o/r x but you might not like the raspy sound

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
will it pass smog with gutted cats?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
no, they would be there for the illusion. some people do that when they run a tune or have eliminators because some emissions people/police will check under the car to see if you have them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts