Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do u guys think the best headers on the market are? i'm looking for overall sound with decent performance gains!!

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
L/T's give you the gain in hp and sound and the only company that makes them is MAC

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Get LT's not shortys

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so mac longtubes will be my best bet.. but even if i still have my cats on i won't pass inspection?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
u will need to get a shorty mid pipe to use LTs...and MAC no longer makes a catted shorty h-pipe. Im sure you could buy and o/r h-pipe and some cats and have a shop fab u up a catted shorty h-pipe. I dont know why people think LTs will fail emissions because of a visual inspection because they wont....its removing the cats in a state that has an emissions sniffer test that will fail you. PA has visual AND sniffer test and i pass emissions every year....BUT i have a catted shorty h-pipe.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
u will need to get a shorty mid pipe to use LTs...and MAC no longer makes a catted shorty h-pipe. Im sure you could buy and o/r h-pipe and some cats and have a shop fab u up a catted shorty h-pipe. I dont know why people think LTs will fail emissions because of a visual inspection because they wont....its removing the cats in a state that has an emissions sniffer test that will fail you. PA has visual AND sniffer test and i pass emissions every year....BUT i have a catted shorty h-pipe.
Because in some states it is illegal but the only one that I know of for that is California

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
Because in some states it is illegal but the only one that I know of for that is California
same with i think like Virginia or something where ever crickets from... but i do know that they will fail visuals for moving and relocating the OEM catalytic converters ... read all the small print laws and **** its written in there

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if i fail i fail.. i'll just go to a junk yard and find a wrecked stang and pull their stickers!!hahaha my friend did it with his old 92' gt!!

·
Banned
808 Posts
what do u guys think the best headers on the market are? i'm looking for overall sound with decent performance gains!!
you got the turbonator :eek:
may i ask why?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It Said It Would Save On Gas Mileage So I Got It.. Figured It Couldn't Hurt!! Lol

·
Banned
808 Posts
let me guess
ebay?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've had longtubes on my old 02 gt and have Kooks Lt's on both of my 03 Cobras and have never had any problem passing inspection. As long as the required pieces are there they cannot fail you. I Picked Kooks because they were recommended and I promise you they are worth it. They come custom JET-HOTcoated and come in a variety or temp coatings. My LT's came with gaskets and o2 extensions already inside packaging. They are a class act company, but a little pricey something like 900 for LT +50-200 for different coating. I love them. Have had MAC LT's, ok but they don't seem to last as long, only company that sells catted MAC mid-pipe is Lethal Performance, but you will be waiting at least a month to get them as MAC is MAJOR Backordered.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
same with i think like Virginia or something where ever crickets from... but i do know that they will fail visuals for moving and relocating the OEM catalytic converters ... read all the small print laws and **** its written in there
+1 state law in VA says that the exhaust has to "look" stock. Longtubes don't look stock.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Checked with the "State Inspector" for Kimnach Ford in Norfolk. You may have LT's as long as you have the required Cats. No Cats No Pass! Breath easy Virginia. I've never had any trouble passing State Inspection!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
+1 state law in VA says that the exhaust has to "look" stock. Longtubes don't look stock.
How do the mechanics know what stock headers/exhaust look like on every car they inspect? VA has the same laws as PA.

Checked with the "State Inspector" for Kimnach Ford in Norfolk. You may have LT's as long as you have the required Cats. No Cats No Pass! Breath easy Virginia. I've never had any trouble passing State Inspection!
+1 :yes

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how much are those kooks headers?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts