Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get some more power out of my 99 gt.
I want to get around 300 to 350 HP, what do i need to do.

sorry im new to gt

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
save for a new or used supercharger or get nitrous.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Easiest and cheapest way to do that is nitrous. If you don't want to deal with refilling a bottle, next would be either a used vortech, procharger or novi supercharger kit. Or even a on3 turbo kit. Na will be the most expensive. Full bolt ins with cams will be about 300rwhp some trick flow heads (about $2000) will bring you to around 330-350rwhp.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
It's true. The link u posted $3000 for 350rwhp if he's lucky. U can easily make that with nitrous for 1/3 of that, or with boost for 2/3 the price.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
And with boost you have a lot more room to grow.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
It's true. The link u posted $3000 for 350rwhp if he's lucky. U can easily make that with nitrous for 1/3 of that, or with boost for 2/3 the price.
that kit can get you in the high 300's & just went 398 rwhp with an agressive tune at a local shop.

I'll give you nitrous is initially cheaper, but you cant claim a blower is because it isn't.

can a used kit be sourced cheap? yes but how knows if one will be for sale whe you want it & who knows if what you buy will be any good.

you've gotta compare apples to apples & a bew supercharger kit WILL NOT be cheaper, period.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont really like nitrous, and i was thinking of not going with the supercharger kit, but i mite have to. i like having just motor power

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
High 300s?? I don't see that unless the compression is higher with full bolt ons and longtubes. I just don't see it. You can fond a used complete centri for around $2200 man. Not to mention a centri is slot easier to install.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
i dont really like nitrous, and i was thinking of not going with the supercharger kit, but i mite have to. i like having just motor power
you don't need a supercharger to get where you want to be.

even without the kit I listed, carefull parts selection & a good tune will easily get you to 350 rwhp N/A.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
High 300s?? I don't see that unless the compression is higher with full bolt ons and longtubes. I just don't see it. You can fond a used complete centri for around $2200 man. Not to mention a centri is slot easier to install.
guys are getting in the high 300's with those kits pretty regular, you need to get out more bro.

as to the whole used kit thing, again it not a far comparison.

·
Registered
220 Posts
So basically this kit is the cheapest way to get the most horse power? I've seen some super charger for like $600 bucks more. Which would be the better route from a completely stock engine POV?

Because I want around 390 horse's like the op, but I want to do this right the first time and not waste money on things I don't really need.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
So basically this kit is the cheapest way to get the most horse power? I've seen some super charger for like $600 bucks more. Which would be the better route from a completely stock engine POV?
it depends on where you want to go.

first off, a 3600 new supercharger kit wouln't be complete so thats kinda out.

if you want good performance & reliability, then yes that kit I listed is a good option.

if your like alot of guys & only see h/p numbers & aren't worried about performance, well good luck & start looking for a supercharger.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
I know I paid $2400 for a brand new v1 s trim kit. it costed $700+ for tune and install so thats at $3200. I dont know how much shops will charge you to put those $3,099 heads on though. here is a blower kit for close to the price of the heads,cams combo pkg. Vortech 4FL218-130S - Vortech Centrifugal Supercharger Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com $3,014

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I know I paid $2400 for a brand new v1 s trim kit. it costed $700+ for tune and install so thats at $3200. I dont know how much shops will charge you to put those $3,099 heads on though. here is a blower kit for close to the price of the heads,cams combo pkg. Vortech 4FL218-130S - Vortech Centrifugal Supercharger Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com $3,014
how much power do you really think you'll make with that kit alone & a chip?

just going off the power numbers you've got in your sig, not much.

as to the 2400 kit, theres deals to be had but you cant count on them, you have to compare retail.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
The parts I needed to complete my blower kit was a lightning maf $79, spark plugs less than $20 and the gauges were optional but I got them anyway $38 boost/vac gauge, $47 fuel pressure gauge. so actually the brand new blower kit came up to $2584 instead of $2400

·
Registered
220 Posts
it depends on where you want to go.

first off, a 3600 new supercharger kit wouln't be complete so thats kinda out.

if you want good performance & reliability, then yes that kit I listed is a good option.

if your like alot of guys & only see h/p numbers & aren't worried about performance, well good luck & start looking for a supercharger.
Basically, I want it as fast as a stock terminator, if possible. How much am I looking to spend in parts alone for what I want to accomplish?

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
how much power do you really think you'll make with that kit alone & a chip?

as to the 2400 kit, theres deals to be had but you cant count on them, you have to compare retail.
I understand what you are saying casper but either way it goes the limit for the two options will be around 450hp without a built block. and out of the two heads/cam vs a v1 s trim which would get you to the 450mark faster and when its time to get a built block which will help you exceed that 450 mark faster the blower or heads and cam. If the 4.6 responded like the ls engines do to bolt ons and heads/came/intake then I would say go that route but its not the case with a 4.6 2v.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts