Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what to get, i want a catback thats going to be loud and sound good.

I currently have a UPR O/R X and dynomax bullets dumped.

Im probably going to need a new midpipe because someone flared the end of the pipe to match the inlets on the bullets.

I wanted to stay around $500 or so.. I was looking at a pypes O/R X and a mac catback, anyone know how this performs, sounds, suggestions?

·
MM Official Sammich Maker
6,732 Posts
The magnapac's sound really nice my buddy has them on his GT and it's much louder them my magnaflow muffler's.

·
Registered
508 Posts
i have the upr o/r x and mac catback and i love it. id cut the flared off and put new pipe to fit the mac catback and go with that. its loud and sound great. sounds amazing at wot at about 3k rpms

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
bassani race mufflers not the streets id just go to a reputable shop and have them put it all together thats what i did for the ol ladys mach, some dumb ****s who put the flows and SHITTY x-pipe on before decided to weld the mid pipe to the catback

·
Banned
760 Posts
I just take my magnapack out and instal a set of spintech prostreet they sound nice and loud.
By the way my magnapack are for sale if anyone is inturested.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I like the loudmouths. i have long tube headers, catt'd midpipe and LM1's.
check them out. bad video, but it gives you an idea...
(my kid was driving at Blackhawk Farms Raceway in IL.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a bassani o/r x-pipe with magnaflow catback and it's loud. It's not to loud but not to quiet. It has a great tone and it's even loud going down the highway in 5th gear

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Everyone has there own opinion but heres mine. Chambered mufflers sound like balls so screw flowmaster, mac is okay I guess. I would do a straight though design like magnaflow, borla, slp, glasspacks etc. You already have like the loudest setup out there haha. Unless you are looking to quiet it down you won't be satisfied with anything else.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can't believe how many people go with x pipes. I mean, why settle for the sound when you can get such better sound out of an h or prochamber. Especially with a chambered catback. Jmo

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got a set of magnapacks for sale. Just sitting around collecting dust in my garage.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i guess the bottom line is that there's plenty of good selections and combinations out there. maybe the trick is to listen to what everyone says they don't like and eliminate those. after that it seems to be a matter of preference.

good luck!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dang this is going to be a long and hard decision lol

Thanks for the clips guys! anyone have a good clip of a mac catback with a o/r x?

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
I have heard nothing but negative or neutral-dissatisfied things about the Pypes X-pipe, just to throw that out there. Based on what I have heard I would not recommend the Pypes. >_>

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Everyone has there own opinion but heres mine. Chambered mufflers sound like balls so screw flowmaster, mac is okay I guess. I would do a straight though design like magnaflow, borla, slp, glasspacks etc. You already have like the loudest setup out there haha. Unless you are looking to quiet it down you won't be satisfied with anything else.
Thank you! I agree.

I think the only flowmaster setup Ive ever liked, is mell0s. Other then that, I hate flowmasters.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts