Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously interested in these wheels.. my car is silver just like the one in this photo, and I am also going to be throwing a cobra bumper and 95 cobra r cowl hood on very soon. I wanted to knock the wheels out first. I love the way this car looks.

I just want to be certain if these are the Hypercoated FR500 rims or the Hypercoated GT4 rims? or am I wrong on both? here is a quick link to AM for the wheels section for my car.
1999-2004 Ford Mustang Wheels, Mustang Rims at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Also your opinions on how this car in photo looks? except with a 95 cobra R cowl hood.. cause thats exactly what mine is going to end up looking like.
Thanks

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
those are silver fr500's i love them as well. most people go with black or grey but the silver looks awsome.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yep, that's the hypercoated ones. They look great. I have also seen a plain silver version, that looks good too, just a little flatter finish than those.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look so sick to me on that silver car.. Im not a fan of black rims really.. especially when those hypercoated silver rims make that silver cobra look like sex on the beach. ooops let me go clean the jizz out my drawers. lol

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys I forgot to ask.. my car is lowered with eibach springs. like 1.5 inch i think.. maybe 1.8.... if u had my car would you go with a 17" rim combo that comes with a 315 back tire, or a 18" rim combo that comes with a 285 back tire.. that 315 sure does sound nice with all that extra meat.. but on AM it's only available for the 17" rim package. I think the 18" would probably fit more snug under the fenders for a better look though.. decisions, decisions.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
hey guys I forgot to ask.. my car is lowered with eibach springs. like 1.5 inch i think.. maybe 1.8.... if u had my car would you go with a 17" rim combo that comes with a 315 back tire, or a 18" rim combo that comes with a 285 back tire.. that 315 sure does sound nice with all that extra meat.. but on AM it's only available for the 17" rim package. I think the 18" would probably fit more snug under the fenders for a better look though.. decisions, decisions.
I love how my 17's look, tires are cheaper, rims are lighter, more meat on the ground, its a triple win to me

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I just want to be certain if these are the Hypercoated FR500 rims or the Hypercoated GT4 rims?
Neither. They are silver FR500s.

those are silver fr500's i love them as well. most people go with black or grey but the silver looks awsome.
Correct!

Yep, that's the hypercoated ones. They look great. I have also seen a plain silver version, that looks good too, just a little flatter finish than those.
Nope! Incorrect. I tracked down a thread started by 96lasersnake (The name in the link of the picture) and they are indeed 18" silver FR500s. I did some Googling from the name in the Photobucket link.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/WTK-1007VBS/1994-04-Mustang-Silver-Deep-Dish-Fr500-Wheel-Tire-Kit-18X9-1

Chasen1982, here is his thread on the wheels, and a bunch more awesome pictures that'll help you make a decision. They are not hypercoated, just silver with a polished lip. I had that feeling when I saw them.

18x9,18x10 Silver FR500's with new GSD3's - MustangTrends.com

Now I should get reps just for doing some quick searching and ending that mystery! :lol

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I should get reps just for doing some quick searching and ending that mystery! :lol
GREAT WORK BRO!!! Thanks!!! :drink

1 - 10 of 10 Posts