Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mechanical Engineer
410 Posts
weld some cats in there, that would quiet it down quite a bit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Weld in some Pypes m-80's just in front of the gas tank to quiet it it some and smooth out the sound. Then add the stock axle backs to quiet it some more. I have supercharger/cams/headers/off-road H...and it isn't too much louder than stock once it's warmed up.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't really considered welding in cats. I've always had an off road exhaust on all my cars lol.... Taking the cats out was typically the first thing I did lol

·
Mechanical Engineer
410 Posts
I've always had off-road exaust on mine as well. I stripped my cats the first week but, then I really disliked the sound. It really sounded better with the cats, x-pipe and FR exaust. I bought long tubes, h-pipe and some M80s and i'm currently playing with different mixes of components.

I mentioned Cats because, if you still had them, that would be the cheapest way to quiet things down and you will only lose 1-2hp.

Craigslist is your best bet but, Ebay has quite a few stock muflers if that's what you are looking for. you are going to have to pay shipping to most people on here anyways.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Weld in some Pypes m-80's just in front of the gas tank to quiet it it some and smooth out the sound. Then add the stock axle backs to quiet it some more. I have supercharger/cams/headers/off-road H...and it isn't too much louder than stock once it's warmed up.
^+1 Kevdon92 had longtubes, catless H, borla stingers and it was nasty loud but it sounded amazing! He recently threw m80s on between the H pipe and where the over axle pipes bend up....while it still has that borla growl, it's sooooo much quiter but definitely more controlled than it was...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts