Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a satin silver stang and i want some black stripes, but I also am getting a cdc ducktail spoiler later on down the road...much later, so i was wondering if there was any way i could take off my stock spoiler put my stripes on and later have like some stripe left over for the ducktail when it i get it or should i wait for the spoiler then do the stripes...plus how big should i get my stripes? I kinda want stock stripes but idk

·
Born to be Wild
3,179 Posts
I'd say get the kit 2 do it all (like ya had the spoiler) so ya have it...

stripe what you do have and then do the rest later... that way you'll get 2 different looks out of it:D

My guess would be 10 in. stripes...jmo

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
What do you guys think i better, paint or sticker for stripes?
I like painted stripes but it can be pricey...mine are painted at $1400. Its great because they will have the metalic flek in the paint and the stripes dissapear when the sun hits the clear coat from different angles giving it a ghost effect. If you wish not to paint then you can buy just what you need now in vinyl and then go to any sign store in the future to buy the amount you need for the spoiler....they will cut it from huge sheets at any size you desire and will be a hell of a lot cheaper. When you buy stripes on line from "car places" they are marked up because they most likely have the sign companies as resources as well.

glad your going with stripes. It's my favorite cosmetic mod on my car. Post some pics when you are done and as always be safe-zoo

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was going to go with painted stripes but opted for vinyl ones once I checked out the price difference. The standard Roush stripes are 6 1/2" stripes. The local Ford dealerships are now doing 8" stripes. I thought about 10" stripes but they looked too big in my opinion on my car.

My car currently has 6 1/2" stripes with a 1/2" side stripe.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I also have a satin silver mustang. Looking at Pastor J's stang, blacks stripes look nice. I also think gray or charcoal would work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts