Modded Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts
How did no one mention this bad boy:

351 modular block w/ forged internals, Ford GT 4v heads, 2 turbos, custom cams, Glenn's Performance return fuel system.

Griggs suspension all the way around? It'd be too powerful and heavy up front to be a road course car though...

Looking at 1500hp+ and around $25k w/ suspension.
why even bother? i could build a 2500hp 427 twin turbo for about 8,000...

why even bother? i could build a 2500hp 427 twin turbo for about 8,000...
I assumed our choices needed to stay within the mod engine family. I mean balls to the walls lsx engines or BBC engines among other things could downright **** on even a strung out Turbo mod motor. Displacement wins every time. :)

yeah this does feel trollish but I am going to assume it is not for the sake of posting.

as stated earlier, what are your goals? if you are going for a super fast street car 2500hp may end up hinering you more than anything else. the sus, axle, and tires you would need for that kind of output would be only marginally streetable at best.

lets say you wanted to build to hang with lambos and ****. that can be done but it would be very in depth. more in depth that you can get out of a single thread. thhe suspension, the balance of the cars weight, carefully selected tire sizes and gearing to have both consistent hook and top speed, the list goes on.

so what do you want this car to do? if your best awnser is just 'go fast' try just doing a few bolt-ons at first. try doing a few diffrent types of racing and see what you like a car to do most.

also, just saying 'I wanna go fast' tells me that you might not have enough experience behind the wheel to be able to respect the power you are trying to get. be it a mustang or anything else. not respecting the power = death. Period. money won't mean much to you when the sweater you were wearing is perminantly embedded in the tree you hit doing 120mph. I am speaking from experience, I have seen what happens to younger guys who get handed a fast car that they don't respect the capabilities of.

talk to the shop that is going to build it... you surely aren't going to do it...

Reactions: DiMora
charlie lowell wichita state..maybe check youtube for videos..
Made me look, Stangboy. I think you are gonna need to get taller...those pedals are kind of far away.

with 15-20k you'll have a fast street car, but not such a fast race car. believe it or not with 20k you'll have the engine, trans, sc'er/turbo, and basic suspension done and that's about it. might even afford some wheels/tires in there somewhere.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.