Modded Mustang Forums banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
ya im legit..look and see what number is on my jersey and then relate it to the number in my screen name on here..i could really give a **** if you think im a fake..oh and by the way, im 6'4 so the pedals are not going to be a problem..

ya im legit..look and see what number is on my jersey and then relate it to the number in my screen name on here..i could really give a **** if you think im a fake..oh and by the way, im 6'4 so the pedals are not going to be a problem..
Pedals might be a problem...haha these cars aren't really meant for tall guys...I'm 5'7 and i drive with the seat as far back as it can go...:D

I believe you.

You see Charlie, we get about one thread like this every six months...they always start off bad when a guy says "money no object" because it strikes some the wrong way - not me...you asked a question, and I gave you an intelligent answer, as did lots of others.

I have a friend in Minneapolis that used to run THE high end audio shop, so he would get all the young punks with the multi-million dollar contracts rolling in asking for this and that...money is no object, etc. Timberwolves, Vikings, North Stars back in the day and now The Wild players, etc...it's cool to have money and success, but how you carry yourself separates the guys who are successful that everyone likes from the arrogant pricks. You are young, so you have time to choose your path before you make the big-time, and I hope you do. If you are smart it can be a life changing experience. If you are not, you will be 40 and broke with injuries. I have two cousins that played NFL so I've seen how it can go.

We have a lot of fun on this forum, so taking a little crap is par for the course. Welcome aboard. Stick around, and you'll learn some stuff.

Now, back to this Mustang building. First off, excellent choice in car.

There are guys on here running every kind of mod you can imagine..from pure race cars with parachutes and roll cages to daily driver cars with over 600 RWHP.

I still personally think that your best bet is to decide what you will primarily use the car for, and then find a good speed shop to build it for you. You will likely be too busy to be wrenching on it yourself with your schedule. I know guys in ATL that can do it from the ground up...and places like JDM can do that as well.

Here are some shops to call:

JDM JDM Engineering 732-780-0770

Injected Engineering: Injected Engineering: Welcome to Injected Engineering 678-449-6871

Brenspeed: Mustang Performance Parts & Upgrades by Brenspeed 574-594-9559

DaSilva: DaSilva Racing: Welcome 905-837-7700

Livernois (Engine Builders): 313-561-5500

Proline (Engine Builders): Pro Line Racing 770-516-0745

That will get you started. Good luck and keep us posted.

to legit.....to legit to quit hahahahahahaha sorry just made me think of it.

i've heard of a guy having the seat moved back a little for some more room.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
I believe you.

You see Charlie, we get about one thread like this every six months...they always start off bad when a guy says "money no object" because it strikes some the wrong way - not me...you asked a question, and I gave you an intelligent answer, as did lots of others.

I have a friend in Minneapolis that used to run THE high end audio shop, so he would get all the young punks with the multi-million dollar contracts rolling in asking for this and that...money is no object, etc. Timberwolves, Vikings, North Stars back in the day and now The Wild players, etc...it's cool to have money and success, but how you carry yourself separates the guys who are successful that everyone likes from the arrogant pricks. You are young, so you have time to choose your path before you make the big-time, and I hope you do. If you are smart it can be a life changing experience. If you are not, you will be 40 and broke with injuries. I have two cousins that played NFL so I've seen how it can go.

We have a lot of fun on this forum, so taking a little crap is par for the course. Welcome aboard. Stick around, and you'll learn some stuff.

Now, back to this Mustang building. First off, excellent choice in car.

There are guys on here running every kind of mod you can imagine..from pure race cars with parachutes and roll cages to daily driver cars with over 600 RWHP.

I still personally think that your best bet is to decide what you will primarily use the car for, and then find a good speed shop to build it for you. You will likely be too busy to be wrenching on it yourself with your schedule. I know guys in ATL that can do it from the ground up...and places like JDM can do that as well.

Here are some shops to call:

JDM JDM Engineering 732-780-0770

Injected Engineering: Injected Engineering: Welcome to Injected Engineering 678-449-6871

Brenspeed: Mustang Performance Parts & Upgrades by Brenspeed 574-594-9559

DaSilva: DaSilva Racing: Welcome 905-837-7700

Livernois (Engine Builders): 313-561-5500

Proline (Engine Builders): Pro Line Racing 770-516-0745

That will get you started. Good luck and keep us posted.
I am not trying to be a prick what so ever, i was just getting it out there that i have the money for the car so the question didnt arise later in the thread..just mostly looking for some suggestions from people that know a lot more about this type of thing than i do..i know how to throw a baseball and have been around cars a little over time but nothing to in depth and that is my main objective is to learn from the best and know what the best route would be to getting the car to the point i want it to be..i would like to get it on the drag strip but it will be used mostly for driving on streets and just having some giddy up..my brother drives a camaro and road races it and thats the type of thing im mostly interested in..dont want 1500 hp, maybe somewhere around 500-700 when its all said and done..wanting to find out ways to get it there and what types of things i need to make sure that all the parts work together so that it doesnt blow up on me..engine, rearend, suspension, etc...you guys have mostly done it and thats why i want to hear it from you..most of it will be done in the shop because i really dont have the time to work on it..appreciate the shop suggestions..like i said before, you guys are the best and im just trying to learn

I am not trying to be a prick what so ever, i was just getting it out there that i have the money for the car so the question didnt arise later in the thread..just mostly looking for some suggestions from people that know a lot more about this type of thing than i do..i know how to throw a baseball and have been around cars a little over time but nothing to in depth and that is my main objective is to learn from the best and know what the best route would be to getting the car to the point i want it to be..i would like to get it on the drag strip but it will be used mostly for driving on streets and just having some giddy up..my brother drives a camaro and road races it and thats the type of thing im mostly interested in..dont want 1500 hp, maybe somewhere around 500-700 when its all said and done..wanting to find out ways to get it there and what types of things i need to make sure that all the parts work together so that it doesnt blow up on me..engine, rearend, suspension, etc...you guys have mostly done it and thats why i want to hear it from you..most of it will be done in the shop because i really dont have the time to work on it..appreciate the shop suggestions..like i said before, you guys are the best and im just trying to learn
Like he said, your best bet is call up a shop and tell them exactly what youre looking for, don't tell them money isn't a issue, just try and figure out a ballpark price and see what they can get for around that, if its not enough, go more.

here's the thing:

if you are going to be driving this car daily then i absolutely suggest that you go with upping the power in stages so you don't just kill yourself or someone else. you say you have the money now (or when you sign) so i would get the sc'er/turbo of your choice and at the same time do the engine. i however wouldn't suggest that just because you do the engine at the same time you go ahead and immediately get crazy with the power. start at the average 450-500 rwhp get used to that for at least a few months and then add a smaller pulley to up the power. totally dependent on how much you have up front i'd also look at a 6 speed (6060) trans to handle the power later. get your suspension figured out very quickly so you are able to use the power you have. the same time you decide to add more power get the rear-end hooked up to hold that power.

those things right there will run you about the 15-20k you said with someone else doing the work.

well thats awesome! wish i had that to spend! haha, yeah def. talk to a shop that is going to build it and they would be able to give you a more precise answer on what they think they could do to get you to where you want to be! i wish you luck with the build! sounds like it will be an amazing car, be sure to post and load up some videos so we can see it!

Why not do the Big Papi thing and swap in a GT500 motor and get too it with simple bolt ons and suspension. That would make a fast car that would be a hell of a lot of fun on the streets.

Why not do the Big Papi thing and swap in a GT500 motor and get too it with simple bolt ons and suspension. That would make a fast car that would be a hell of a lot of fun on the streets.
I want to do that myself, just gotta find the right motor and drivetrain and i'll do it tomorrow haha.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.