Modded Mustang Forums banner

want to make it fast...money not an issue

3K views 60 replies 24 participants last post by  psycho bob 
#1 ·
just got a 2008 gt and im trying to get ideas on how to make it as fast as possible while still keeping it street legal..if you have any suggestions please let me know..willing to spend whatever it takes..just want to go fast..

#7 ·
Well if u wanna go REALLY fast, and money REALLY isn't an issue, I'd do a 5.0L stroker, a kenne bell 2.8, a ford GT triple pump, not sure about injectors (72lbs maybe?), diablosport Mafia, a tr6060, mccleod rst, good driveshaft, at least the differential if not the axles too, and some fat tires out back. Lots of other stuff too like better heat exchanger, better reservoir tanks, etc. Maybe heads and cams while ur in there? Or u could just do a 2.6; wait for the motor to break while u do supporting mods, then build the motor, like I did. Hopefully your motor lasts longer than mine did (4 days to be exact). And there's more than just kenne bell. Its just the only one I can speak for.

#8 ·
I'm going to go ahead and disagree with everyone on what they have said so far. Although you haven't even given us any information on what you want the car for. Are you going to be racing from stop light to stop light? Are you going to be drag racing? Are you going to be road racing?

If money is no object than you'll end up with twin turbos, a built 4R70W transmission, fully built and welded 8.8" or possibly even 9" rear axle built by one of the main manufactures, among everything else you'll need.

Either way, I feel like we're being trolled.

#10 ·
Good points!

If we are not being trolled, how fast dictates your build for sure. I was assuming it will still be a street car.

#9 ·
Hmmm...

Forged stroker

Hellion turbos or Giant Whipple or liquid cooled Kenne Bell

StopTech ST-60 beakes with floating rotors / Powerslot rear rotors / SS lines Motul RBF 600 fluid

BMR K member & A arms

Battery relocation

Afco dual fan heat exchanger

Aluminum driveshaft

Detriot TruTrak differential

Fays 2 Watts link
Koni yellow shocks and struts
Steeda Springs / upper 3rd link
BMR LCA's and relo brackets

ARH longtubes if blown

I can go on and on...

#12 ·
it will eventually be turned into a drag car more than likely but for now i just want to do as much as possible and still have it able to drive on the street..i want to be able to keep the origional block but just build everything around it...i plan on probably puting a 9 inch ford rearend in it so that it will stay true through all of the power gains..not trying to troll anyone, just new to it and i am just looking for suggestions..all your help is greatly appreciated..

#16 ·
i know enough to understand what you are talking about when it comes to parts and how to do these things..i have a shop where it will be built for me..i am 21 years old and am about to sign a baseball contract in june..im wanting to spend up to probably 15-20k so i guess i shouldnt say money is NO issue but i have enough

#18 ·
not 100% sure on who yet but its a for sure thing..draft is the first week of june and im suppose to go in the top 2 rounds if everything works out like it is suppose to..will be coming into a lot of money and instead of getting a new car, i just want to make mine how i want it so that i know its mine..im sure you understand that..figured this would be a good place to start because of the high level of mustang intellect on this site..

#19 ·
How did no one mention this bad boy:

351 modular block w/ forged internals, Ford GT 4v heads, 2 turbos, custom cams, Glenn's Performance return fuel system.

Griggs suspension all the way around? It'd be too powerful and heavy up front to be a road course car though...

Looking at 1500hp+ and around $25k w/ suspension.

#23 ·
why even bother? i could build a 2500hp 427 twin turbo for about 8,000...

#36 ·
Made me look, Stangboy. I think you are gonna need to get taller...those pedals are kind of far away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.