Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
barstang
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just picked up a 67 Mustang Convertible Project car. I would like to swap out the 6 cyclinder engine and related items with items to get the benefits of today's technology while keeping the body style of yester year. I'm not looking for a drag or race car, just a nice driver with some pep, better mpg. My thoughts are, fuel injection engine with automatic trans, AOD, drive shaft and 5 lug rear end. Electric radiator fan and serpentine belt system. Possible complete front end with disc brakes, suspension, rack and pinion steering. I'm on a tight budget, but if something is definitely the thing to do I'd rather complete the car later and install the right thing. Down the road I may even try to install power windows. I appreciate any and all feedback to steer me in the right direction.
Thank You.
Barry

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I think a Fuel injected 302 is your best bet, they go in with minimal hassle, get decent mileage and are easy to fix.

Just saw a craigslist ad for a 302 (SD) and an AOD out of a 90 crown vic for $400

The CSRP disc brakes linked above are awesome, I have them on my car and it made a world of difference. I drive my car daily now.

·
barstang
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for info. I see retired police cars, crown Vic's for sale. Would their engine and trans be a good fit? Would the rear end work and the front suspension If I could get for a good price?
Thanks
Barry

·
barstang
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for info

I see the following on craigs list. Would this be a good fit? He is asking $120 Thanks

Ford 8.8 rear out of a 1991 ranger with only 60,000 miles on it.it has a limited slip rear and bearings and brakes in it are pretty good.it would be a decent up grade for the off road Jeeper.it has everything from leaf springs to parking brake cables it also has 3.73 gears, also have a front dana 35 ttb with rotors hubs and coild asking 80 For That

1 - 6 of 6 Posts