Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody lead me in the right direction. ive got my old t45 transmission that im sure the shift fork is bent or broken. it used to grind every now and then going into 4th gear during normal driving eventually it got stuck in 4th. does anybody know of a good write up to take apart the trans. its just sitting in my garage so i might as well fix it and do something with it sell it or maybe upgrade it for use later. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I cracked mine open when it broke but didn't do anything further. I've rebuilt a few T5s about 10yrs ago. You'll need some snap ring pliers, basic hand tools, a gear puller but a press makes life easier, and some common sense. Basically my advice is to go slow, take pictures and walk yourself through it. It's been way to long for me to walk you through it, but it's not hard at all. most of it is self explanatory.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Google a manual for a T5/T45. Im sure youll find something. I found one for my TR3650.

·
Registered
309 Posts
t5s arent quite like a t45, ive taken quite a few t5s apart, and those damn things can be put together blind folded, but t45s are much harder as they are an assloader (rear loader) vs the t5 which is a top loader.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
t5s arent quite like a t45, ive taken quite a few t5s apart, and those damn things can be put together blind folded, but t45s are much harder as they are an assloader (rear loader) vs the t5 which is a top loader.
What i was referring to is a manual that contains both of the transmissions. My brother has one.

·
Registered
647 Posts
i tried to pull a t45 apart for a fork replacement.. getting the bell off is easy. after that i destroyed several torx bits trying to disassemble it further... and gave it to a tranny guy.. still no idea how he did it. maybe he used a torch??? give it a shot bro let us know how it goes

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts