Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've gone through the numbers again and again of where I need to be the pros and cons I see right now

New edge 02-04
I can find them with low miles 10,000-40,000 with mods for 9-10k
I can find them super charged or bored to a 4.75l for 10-12k with under 60k miles
I am more than familiar with the cars how they handle limitations care ect.

Cons

I already own one it would just be switching things up though I'd be selling it

S197
I can find a 05-07 for under 17,000 with less that 65k miles with mods
I can find a moderately modded one I.e cams , blower ect for 14-17k with 40-70k miles
I can get California specials ?? What's so special for 15-18k in that sexy white and black combo.
It would be a upgrade In power and the3rd body style I would have owned ( I've owned 98 sn95, a 00 and now a 02 new edge)
This would be a jump up to s197

Cons
I don't know these cars as well
I don't know there limitations on power or handling
I don't know how reliable they are.
I don't know they're main features and options or what to look for on them?

So what's your opinions upgrade to a new world and power levels or buy a super charged new edge ?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
its JUSA 2V
3,411 Posts
So I've gone through the numbers again and again of where I need to be the pros and cons I see right now

New edge 02-04
I can find them super charged or bored to a 4.75l for 10-12k with under 60k miles

Cons

S197
I can find a moderately modded one I.e cams , blower ect for 14-17k with 40-70k miles
I can get California specials ?? What's so special for 15-18k in that sexy white and black combo.
It would be a upgrade In power and the3rd body style I would have owned ( I've owned 98 sn95, a 00 and now a 02 new edge)

Cons

So what's your opinions upgrade to a new world and power levels or buy a super charged new edge ?

Supercharged new edge

That way when mines charged we can drive around jeff and kill ricers together!

- Sent from the cellular

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
'01 Cobra or '03/04 Mach 1 and supercharge it. Forged Rods and pistons, and you'll be able to make more power than you can afford.

Pretty sure the S197 is about the same as a new edge on what is considered "Safe" power levels.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
For me I would go New Edge. I see fewer and fewer on the road. There ones I do see are ether clean, destroyed or a V6. I see S197s all the time. I don't like the way they look. Form the looks stand point of go 99-04.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
s197 are a completely new car from the ground up, more power but heavier, the 2v's have proven to last both N/A and boosted

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I'm seeing a favor towards 2v and then the idea of taking a 01 cobra and supercharging it with what a termi blower ? Same for the Mach 1 If I got a 5 sp with the forged motor what blower ?

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
'01 Cobra or Mach 1. Both come with a forged crank and stout block from the factory. It's the internals that have the same limitation as a 2v.

Then throw on a Vortech or Kenne Bell or Whipple and go to town ;)

There's a guy locally that did an eaton swap on his Mach 1.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
mach 1's on;y had the crank forged pistons rods etc were the same crappy stuff we got only good for about 450rwhp ^^ damn he beat me

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol well a kennebell is a dream blower by the time it's all said and don't wont I have close to 8k between supporting mods dyno tune ect ? I'd rather spend 18k on it and have it come supercharged lol

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Look around for a built Mach 1. Check over at SVTperformance.com and corral.net. Seems like there's always one for sale.

·
MM's Resident Male Nurse
1,314 Posts
I like the 05 up models... looks more retro IMHO... :) They are pretty similar otherwise... so go with what you like :)

·
Super Moderator
7,916 Posts

New edge 02-04

Cons

S197

Cons

The 3Vs are a pretty reliable car. The power limitation on a stock block is around 500rwhp with a good safe tune. handling wise, they're better stock for stock than a new edge, the 3 link suspension on the S197, even though it isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread is miles beyond the 4 link quadrobind rear suspension on the NE cars.

IMO, if you're going through the trouble of buying/selling, go for an S197, and thats not just because I have one. Those cobras are getting old and the machs carry a higher price for similar power levels to the 3v with a less sporty chassis underneath. Fit and finish of the S197 interior is superior to the NE and thats not just from an S197 owner, I've heard it from NE guys alike, and I've ridden, driven plenty of NE and SN95 cars to know it myself as well.

·
Super Moderator
7,916 Posts
I love both. However, the New Edge is cheaper to build, insure, etc.
That's more history and age dependent. Mine is $130 to insure a month and thats with a $250 comp $100 collision deductable with 50/100/50 coverage and roadside. Plus living in LA which has the highest insurance rates.

- EDIT -

Also I'd like to note that my 2008 F150 STX 4.6L was cheaper to insure than my old 99 F150 XLT 4.2L because of safety equipment and crash ratings.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Okay, how about lower property taxes...lol...BTW, I'm 40 plus so I'm speaking to the younger crowd...;)

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
'01 Cobra or Mach 1. Both come with a forged crank and stout block from the factory. It's the internals that have the same limitation as a 2v.

Then throw on a Vortech or Kenne Bell or Whipple and go to town ;)

There's a guy locally that did an eaton swap on his Mach 1.
mach 1's on;y had the crank forged pistons rods etc were the same crappy stuff we got only good for about 450rwhp ^^ damn he beat me
From my understanding the MANUAL Mach1 came with a forged crank and a higher redline the auto mach1 didn't.

EXAMPLE:

Auto mach1 dash in the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvAaZQzx9oo

Manual mach 1 dash in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLQcmsakc-g

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Mach 1. I'm sorry but most 3V's sound like trucks to me.
if it aint a 2V skip a 3V and get a 4v more power potential
and u can say your part of the 4V god's crew :shiftyeyes

1 - 20 of 32 Posts