Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have a few questions about starting out at the track and all that. My 2010 is my first mustang and "muscle car" of any sorts, so I'm new to tracks, order of things, burnouts, etc. How welcoming are staff and regulars usually to new comers, and new people? I don't want to get there and be the laughing stock with my sub par burnout, launch, time, you get what I'm saying.

Also, someone told me that taking a mustang to a track voids it's warranty? Is that true or will I be be ok running down the strip for fun? Thanks all, any tips or insight would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hey all I have a few questions about starting out at the track and all that. My 2010 is my first mustang and "muscle car" of any sorts, so I'm new to tracks, order of things, burnouts, etc. How welcoming are staff and regulars usually to new comers, and new people? I don't want to get there and be the laughing stock with my sub par burnout, launch, time, you get what I'm saying.

Also, someone told me that taking a mustang to a track voids it's warranty? Is that true or will I be be ok running down the strip for fun? Thanks all, any tips or insight would be much appreciated!
Typically tracks staff welcomes new racers, it's how they make money. Other racers can be hit or miss. Most of the time, if you ask a racer a question, they will be more than happy to help you. My suggestion would be to go to the track and observe for a little bit. See what the other racers are doing. Pay attention to the staging process. I think the most embarrassing thing you can do is not stage properly. You are up on the starting line for the whole world to see your inexperience. The biggest mistake I see newbs make is staging with their rear tires instead of fronts. Just pay attention to the starting line and you will be fine. If someone laughs at you, that's their problem. The best suggestion I have is to go an d have a good time. Be prepared to be addicted.

As for warranty, I don't think you're going to void the warranty. I raced mine form the time it was new but never had to take it in for any kind of repair so I have no experience with that.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...repair so I have no experience with that.
I didn't think about going to observe the actual track rather then watching videos online! Good point, thanks!

Any big differences racing a 1/4 and 1/8 track besides length? The only one available to me now is an 1/8th.

Any others input on the warranty?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
bump! ima be going for the first time tomorrow!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think the advice above is dead-on. Really the only thing you need to concern yourself with is staging properly. Most track officials are just worried about keeping things moving, so any delays are an annoyance.

My son was super nervous the 1st time he drove, I spoke to the guy in the staging lanes, he came over and said "Don't be nervous, all the people in the stands are only wishing they were sitting where you are now" They let him make a solo pass and it was a great night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts