Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know the best kit to buy for the most aggressive look without spending over 1000.00. Please help I am a new Mustang owner and need to get something ordered quick. Thank You. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
First thing is first...you posted at the incorrect location. Second, it all depends on how low you want to go. if you get the Ford Racing (FRPP)C springs, it should give you an approximate 1" give or take on both rear and front. With that you wouldn't need to get Caster Camber Plates ( CC Plates) and you could stick with the stock shocks.

Also, since this is your first post, I have no idea what your intentions for the car is. Are you looking for drag racing, road course, or just street? we need the info on your plans in order for us to give you the full information.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
I put the Eibach Pro Kit on my vert and love it! It's my daily driver so just used for street. If you're wanting more out of it, let these guys know and they can give you more info. Welcome to the boards!

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
$1k is a good budget for lowering. Are you going more for straight line launches or generating Gs in the corners? Here's the route I would take:

Subframe connectors (since you have a vert ;))
Front Coil-Overs
H&R Sport springs rear
Caster/Camber Plates
X2 Ball Joints
Bumpsteer Kit
Poly/spherical rear lower control arms
Steeda adjustable rear sway bar

I think this would put you over $1k but you'd have a nice suspension setup.

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
Since you're new, there are some things you need to know...
- You should not run performance aftermarket springs with the stock shocks/struts
- You can get away with about a 1.5" drop before you have to use CC plates

A lot of guys who are new to modding throw lowering springs in and then complain about how bouncy their car is. The more aggressive springs can't be controlled by the OEM shocks and struts, which most likely need to be replaced anyway on an 10+ year old car.
So figure that into your budget, which shouldn't be a problem with $1000.
You can get a decent setup for that.
You should seriously look at Full Length subframe connectors, as mentioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts