Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale: Street Scene Center Foglight Grill, honeycomb. Comes with extensions for the fog light wiring.

Name: Ed
Location (city, state):Las Vegas, NV
Items being sold:Grill, 2005+ GT
Price:$50 plus shipping
Picture(s) of item:Of course I would clean it up a bit befor shipping it.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can't believe that nobody wants this for the price I'm asking.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome jzpd405 to Modded Mustangs!

How's the ride coming along Boss?
Wow, the weather has been nice here so the golf course that I work at has been busy. Haven't had any spare time, at least for car stuff, so progress has been slow to stagnant. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I should be able to get the body stuff prepped and painted. Then I still have cams, torque convertor and some other odds and end to put on.

Haven't heard from ya but I am still very interested...thanks
I think I got a buyer. I committed to someone before I saw that you were the first interested. If he doesn't want if it's yours.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sold!

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dude,
I got it all cleaned up and bagged the wiring harness extensions and fog light mounting bolts. It'll get wrapped and shipped hopefully Friday, if not Saturday.

I don't have any install instructions to send with it so here you go.

1-Remove plastic cover thingy with the 6 plastic push pins.
2-Unplug fog lights.
3-Remove stock grill by bending the tabs on the bumper while bending the tabs on the grill in the opposite direction. This can be kind of a bitch until you get the hang of which way to pry and push with a couple of screwdrivers.
4-Remove fog light assembly with the four screws/bolts. Discard those fasteners and use the torx bit screws I sent to remount the assemblies into your new grill. Now, 2 of these screws you need to use the spacers provided. Put the spacer on the screw so it is between the head of the screw and the mounting tab. This is important because one of the mounting holes on each side is short and if you use the screw without the spacer it will go to far and crack the grill. I forgot which holes they need to go in but you'll be able to see which ones are the short ones. I'm pretty sure they are the inside top ones.
5-Connect wiring extensions to the car. You may want to plug the extensions into the lights now before you put the grill all the way on because if I remember it was tough to get one side plugged in. In fact it said in the instructions that the plug would rest up against part of the frame up there. I ended up cutting a notch so that I could adjust it. When it sat against the frame it was pointed up too high, lighting up the overhead freeway signs.

This is the driver's side. The notch actually needs to be a little bigger, but I just have to remember to plug that in before I put the grill in, then it fits OK. You can't unplug it when the grill is in.
6-Install your new grill by inserting the tabs into the matching tabs on the bumper.
7-Test your fog lights.
8-Install plastice cover thingy with the 6 push pins and your done.

You should also check to make sure your fog lights are aimed correct.

I will PM you with a tracking number as soon as I get it on it's way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.