Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my driveshaft replaced under warranty and got the car back yesterday. My dealer has called me claiming they found out it was abuse and said that I have to pay for it now. My first question is can they do this after all paperwork is done and secondly, can they void an entire warranty because of one problem that they see as abuse.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Moved this to the 2011 tech section, you should get some more views here which will hopefully solve your delima.

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,595 Posts
Sounds like BS to me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ford might have kicked the claim and now the dealer wants money from you. I would say too bad, the minute the car was picked up and the repair order closed out it's done. It is up to the dealership to determine warranty eligibility or defer it to Ford Hotline so they can make the call.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
What did they say exactly was wrong with it that they were sure it was abused???

They tried to lay my clutch assembly on me saying it was from over revving the car and racing......... idiots lol

I just told them to either warranty it or I'd be back with a lawyer

·
Registered
123 Posts
My Ford Dealer said that they weren't going to cover the charges from scratching the piss out of my paint job when they did the WARRANTY work on my vert top....My Insurance said they WOULD! Trust me on this one....if they can't provide paperwork, they DON'T know. Ford wouldn't have warrantied it if it wasn't UNDER WARRANTY. The dealer just wants the extra cash. I also spoke with FORD customer service reps and I was told that "FORD" cannot control what a "DEALER" decides to do. They can only suggest to the dealer, under their "BIG/little" thumb, what the dealer "SHOULD DO". Ultimately, in my case, My insurance company did the foot work on this one for me because I didn't know what to do after they tried to screw me. They literally told me "WE COULDN'T HAVE CAUSED THE DAMAGE, so we are NOT going to take care of it. The car was painted just a month
before they took it. Best part was I even got my $$ back for the COMP deductible I had to pay them to get it taken care of, but DON'T TRUST THE DEALER!!!!!!!! Ask for a copy of the determination forms from FORD. Likely they won't even be able to provide that determination anyhow. Oh...you may need to find another dealer to take it to. LOL

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Tell them to answer to your lawyer if they really want to pursue it and to show that without a doubt it was caused by abuse. They have no leg to stand on and the paperwork has already been filed. Tough **** on their part.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
^^^^^^ Fortunately now the law is on our side in these disputes. They'll play out this whole tough dealer abuse card crap when they can but when push comes to shove that have to prove it was because of abuse and not the other way around. Plus the fact that they've had so many issues with the drive trains of the 5.0's.

I know if my clutch acts up one more time I'm getting a lawyer and pursuing the lemon law and there either going to take back my mustang or give me an Auto 2011 5.0 to replace it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
It's been my experience that the dealer can prove it by just saying it was abuse. That's about as far as they go and the burden falls on you to make them fix it.. Your side probably will hold legally but it takes hiring an attorney (paying a portion of fees up front) to get them to do something they should have done to begin with. Giant PITA either way you go.

I am also pretty sure they can file a lien on the car if he just flat out tells them to piss off?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
^^^^ thats true.

In my case it only took threatening to bring in a lawyer to get the problem solved. Also I stopped arguing with the service dept after my first attempt. I went straight to the manager of the whole dealership and told him about it all. More often then not they'll take what they consider a loss to keep the customers happy. funny thing was that a friend of mine with the same exact issue took his car to a dealership 3 hours away and had it fixed with no talk of warranty or anything. Easy as cake for him.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Talk to the service manager. If something can't be resolved, ask to speak to the Ford rep for the area. Find out EXACTLY why they say it is abuse. Then you will know which way to go. I wouldn't lawyer up unless I had to.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I talked to my ford dealer today after reading about this and he say warranty work is approved before the work is started to prevent something like this. He says the dealer is pulling a fast one on you or they did not bother to get it approved and now are back peddling.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In my neck of the woods hiring an.attorney means ponying up a retainer fee in advance and that's usually somewhere in the neighborhood of $2500.00 depending upon where you reside easy to spout off with HIRE AN ATTORNEY maybe not so easy coming up with the retainerfees... Think before you advise.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
In my neck of the woods hiring an.attorney means ponying up a retainer fee in advance and that's usually somewhere in the neighborhood of $2500.00 depending upon where you reside easy to spout off with HIRE AN ATTORNEY maybe not so easy coming up with the retainerfees... Think before you advise.
..and you specifically said in your neck of the woods. Not every attorney will do that. You said it yourself. Think before you advise.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well Mr. Zinc you find me one that will take a case without a retainer of some sort - unless your talking about a family member or personal friend you will need a retainer no matter what woods your in -

just keep rowing that canoe and mind your P's and Q's -

1 - 20 of 31 Posts