Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Shane S.
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an 08 mustang that I got used from a dealership and I got an 100,000 mile parewtrain warranty with it.. I have been wanting blacked out tailights from Americanmuscle.com and was wondering if I done anything that involves me changing my lights or exhaust if it will void my warranty. Any input would be nice explaining.

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
You're good on both.

The lights are ok to change..that won't void anything. The exhaust is a little different..

It will void the warranty but ONLY on the exhaust. Like, if you travel on rocky roads and a rock pierces the exhaust, the warranty will not pay to exchange it with a new exhaust.
I have experience in dealing with this exact subject when I replaced my entire exhaust and the warranty was still completely valid on the rest of the car.

Quick thought: get tail lights that don't require you to change out/cut into the wiring harness.

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
Oh yea..forgot..welcome to MM.

Btw, this woulda been better off I'm the Modular Mustangs > 05-09 section. Just sayin.

·
Shane S.
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx new to threads still not sure where to post.. But the lights I want i just replace the entire light.. Also the sequential lights which I forgot to mention will that void it?

·
Shane S.
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! Thx, time to spend Christmas money lol

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Hey guys I have an 08 mustang that I got used from a dealership and I got an 100,000 mile parewtrain warranty with it.. I have been wanting blacked out tailights from Americanmuscle.com and was wondering if I done anything that involves me changing my lights or exhaust if it will void my warranty. Any input would be nice explaining.
Welcome to Modded! Post up some pictures of your 08' Mustang, we'd love to check it out.

Taillights and Exhaust won't void your Warranty. Let me know if I can be of any assistance or if you have any questions! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts