Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Micro restore detergent??? Never Heard of it, I just use water on a wash cycle and dry it.

Sent from somewhere in the world other than home.

·
7,918 Posts
They sell special soap for washing them. I NEEDED to wash mine the other day so I just took a risk and put them in the wash with regular detergent and HOT water. Then I let them air dry, although I heard drying on delicate/warm works fine. They came out fine. Next time I make an order though I will definitely getting the proper restoring detergent..its not expensive.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Im not on the bandwagon of the micro-restore. I use Woolite. Make sure you get the unscented, non bleach, regular kind. Liquid not powder.
Never had a problem, and I wash them all at least once a week. There are many debates over the interwebs about the so-called microfiber specific detergents. Google it.
No matter what after alot of washes they will lose there original "fluffy-ness" and you will need to boil them with some vinegar, its a natural fabric softener.

Set your washer to delicates, use cold water or cool/warm, and pre-treat stains. No fabric softener with a 2nd rinse cycle if your washer has it.
Dry on low heat, lowest you can. The preffered method is to line dry, but some people dont have the means to, or dont like the little bit of stiff-ness that comes from line drying.

·
Premium Member
22,436 Posts
I use MicroRestore detergent. It doesn't take much detergent! This is the most important thing that is often over looked. I add some white distilled vinegar to the fabric softener tray to help during the rinse cycle. I'll usually do a standard size load, 2nd rinse, etc which runs for a little more than an hour. To dry them I will put them in the my dryer, no fabric sheets, and dry on my 'air dry' setting. The only downside to the air dry setting is it literally takes about two hours for some microfibers to dry. I'm starting to experiment to see if there is any difference in the towels between my air dry and low settings.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,610 Posts
Ive used Pinnacle Microfiber rejuvenation, i got it free with a kit, its really great but you can use any unscented, no bleach, FREE of everything laundry detergent. I use Arm and Hammer because it doesnt have ANYTHING in it, no brighteners or anything. I also always presoak my MFs in a little 3gal bucket, use the same detergent, right when im done drying my car, i throw the towels i used in the bucket to soak, i agitate them a little and let them sit for a while (sometimes i forget and they soak for a couple days lol) But that helps break loose any LSPs, dressings, QD, anything that can be hard to wash out. After they soak i agitate them once more then drain and wring them out, and into the washer they go, cold water with the same detergent.

DO NOTE: For really heavily soils MFs, like ones that you used for under the hood or tires, soak them separately from the nicer ones.

.....The only downside to the air dry setting is it literally takes about two hours for some microfibers to dry. I'm starting to experiment to see if there is any difference in the towels between my air dry and low settings.
I hung a nilon cord in my closet the length of the room (walk in closet) and hang them up in there with a boxfan turned on high movin air around in there, works really well, you should give it a try, it still takes a while, but you can hang them, turn the fan on and forget about them, i usually wash my car after 5pm (thats when my driveway is shady) so ill wash them and hang them before i go to bed, when i wake up, theyre dry. Boxfan at walmart is like 10 bucks i think. I tried the airdry setting too in my drier, after an hour i was like Eff this... lol

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I wash mine in tide free and dry on low with no fabric softner in any of it...

·
gtscrewd
5,229 Posts
i just throw them in and dont put soap on them gonna get a leaf blower wont be useing them much anymore!

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,610 Posts
i just throw them in and dont put soap on them gonna get a leaf blower wont be useing them much anymore!
I use a leaf blower as well, but if you have a decent LSP, then when you blowdry your car you will get alot of tiny droplets left over, i always follow my blowdry with a QD and waffle weave, No water spots and good results.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
You use MFs for more than just drying Lol.

To all you people washing with just water... your doing nothing for your towels. Just water will not remove the products from the fibers. You need to use MF Detergent or a Free/Clear detergent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts