Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, here in my city it is illegal to wash your car on the street or in your driveway, due to the fact that the storm drains run right into a river which in turn feeds our drinking supply.

Anyways.

I am looking at getting into detaling my car this summer in hopes of making it look a lot nicer than it is.

But before i start doing research and buying things I would like your opinion on weather or not i am going to get good results without being able to have any suds or anything visable rinsed off in the street.

Now i thought of going to a local carwash and doing it there but everywhere around here has a strict "no bucket washing" policy in their bays.

thanks in advance for your help, if any more info is needed or if you want me to get a bunch of pics let me know.

thanks

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
You can call your city and find out. If you want to go the eco friendly route try a Optimum No Rinse it works great just cant have excessive caked on mud but other than that its amazing and you can wash in the garage in the middle of the day, all you need is two buckets, grit guards, sheep shin mitt or grout sponge, Pressurized hand pump sprayer to pre treat the panels before starting the wash. to learn how to wash this way look in the detailing videos library I made and watch video #9 ho to use a rinseless wash. The link to the sticky is in my signature. If you still want to do a regular traditional wash try Chemical Guys Glossworkz soap its a great wash use 2oz per 3 gallon wash and it will be on of the best soaps you have ever used. Its PH neutral and non toxic for the environment so it perfectly safe if it rung into the river. If you get interrupted during a wash by an officer telling you that you cant wash that way because of run off water being toxic, just show him the bottle:) Video #1 & 2 shows you how to wash properly

Glossworkz-AUTO WASH -Gloss Booster and Paintwork Cleanser ( 1 Gal)

http://detailersdomain.com/carcareproducts/optimum_car_care/OptimumONR.html

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can call your city and find out. If you want to go the eco friendly route try a Optimum No Rinse it works great just cant have excessive caked on mud but other than that its amazing and you can wash in the garage in the middle of the day, all you need is two buckets, grit guards, sheep shin mitt or grout sponge, Pressurized hand pump sprayer to pre treat the panels before starting the wash. to learn how to wash this way look in the detailing videos library I made and watch video #9 ho to use a rinseless wash. The link to the sticky is in my signature. If you still want to do a regular traditional wash try Chemical Guys Glossworkz soap its a great wash use 2oz per 3 gallon wash and it will be on of the best soaps you have ever used. Its PH neutral and non toxic for the environment so it perfectly safe if it rung into the river. If you get interrupted during a wash by an officer telling you that you cant wash that way because of run off water being toxic, just show him the bottle:) Video #1 & 2 shows you how to wash properly

Glossworkz-AUTO WASH -Gloss Booster and Paintwork Cleanser ( 1 Gal)

http://detailersdomain.com/carcareproducts/optimum_car_care/OptimumONR.html
Thanks ! I will watch those vids in the morning.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
No problem glad to help you out man:)

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Good info Danny!

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Wash car in the grass. problem solved.
;)

hell, in the summer when its warm out, i wash my car in the shade on the grass barefoot.
feelsgoodman.jpg.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Wash car in the grass. problem solved.
;)

hell, in the summer when its warm out, i wash my car in the shade on the grass barefoot.
feelsgoodman.jpg.
Grass dead after using Zep citrus, wheel cleaners, and then soap and driving on it hahaha:eek: I am just saying because my father owns a landscaping and sprinkler company and I personally know that will eventually kill the grass seeing customers landscaping first hand and he tells them they need new to install new sod:yes

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Most mild soaps won't kill the grass. A mild soap can actually prevent bugs and disease on a lot of shrubs and trees.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
my grass is actually holding up very well. :p
but yet again, we could give a **** unless there arent huge dead patches, and its cut. :p

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Most mild soaps won't kill the grass. A mild soap can actually prevent bugs and disease on a lot of shrubs and trees.
That is true:yes, but the zep citrus will and a wheel cleaner like sonax fe or mothers wheel & tire cleaner can hurt it, this is funny I am talking about grass in the detailing section lol

my grass is actually holding up very well. :p
but yet again, we could give a **** unless there arent huge dead patches, and its cut. :p
Well if you dont mind then wash away my friend:yes

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I might be mentioning the above stated.. But When I don't feel like gettin' soaking wet I'll wet a sponge with a bucket of water, have another with MILD soap, rinse it with the sponge, and dry with towel panel by panel.

Might get some on the driveway, it's no biggie.. But it won't run off?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I might be mentioning the above stated.. But When I don't feel like gettin' soaking wet I'll wet a sponge with a bucket of water, have another with MILD soap, rinse it with the sponge, and dry with towel panel by panel.

Might get some on the driveway, it's no biggie.. But it won't run off?
lol you spray the car not yourself!

i think the issue with the OP is they don't want ANY washing on the street or driveway JUST in case there may be run off!

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
ONR is a great option. I personally use DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss and have wonderful results with it. I pretreat with DP Waterless Concentrate mixed 3:1. If you have heavy mud you can run to the car wash and use their pressure wand to blast off all the heavy dirt, then go home and use the rinseless.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ONR is a great option. I personally use DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss and have wonderful results with it. I pretreat with DP Waterless Concentrate mixed 3:1. If you have heavy mud you can run to the car wash and use their pressure wand to blast off all the heavy dirt, then go home and use the rinseless.
Im mostly looking to get the car to look clean, if i go to the carwash i get water spots and it never really looks clean.

I dont think my paint is saveable because it has so many rock chips and scratches and the drivers side is a bit of a different shade but i am going to try to make it look as good as possible.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Im mostly looking to get the car to look clean, if i go to the carwash i get water spots and it never really looks clean.

I dont think my paint is saveable because it has so many rock chips and scratches and the drivers side is a bit of a different shade but i am going to try to make it look as good as possible.
You should not have a water spot problem if you go straight home and use the ONR.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts