Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have steeda springs on my car which were only rated to lower the car 1.25in(i didnt no that when i bought them). so i got some used H&R front springs which are suppose 2 lower it 1.7in. I put one the HR on the passesnger side and let it down n im like WTH...i dont see a difference. sat the other HR by the steeda and they are the same height other than the steeda having less coils than the HR.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Thats odd. I had the steeda springs on my front and my front and my driveway was too steep, so i got h&r ones and it raised it to like stock height LOL

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats odd. I had the steeda springs on my front and my front and my driveway was too steep, so i got h&r ones and it raised it to like stock height LOL
ur driveway was to steep so you got springs that were suppose to make the car lower.....why

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it was right after you put them on, it does take a little time for them to settle completely....at least mine did and I think most peoples.
do they have to settle again or something? they came off another mustang.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Mine took forever to settle down completely

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this really sucks bull nuts.....id throw them at the ground 2 release some of this anger but i think they gonna bounce right back at me....ill go do it in the grass

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
just cut them a little bit

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just cut them a little bit
i never liked the idea of cutting springs. ill just take out the isos n call it a night. and hope that they just didnt settle when the other guy had them.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have heard someone heat them up and it dropped

:dunno
yea heating springs lowers ur car 2 but wouldnt you think that it would mess with the spring rate.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they're called progressive rate springs. they take time to adjust the ride height. were did you buy them from?
i bought them from a member off here.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they might have reverted back to original height when he took them off. like i said progressive springs take some time to lower all the way. give it a week or so before you take them off.
well no point in taking thing off if they dont lower it since its kinda the same height as the steedas. im getting upr coil overs for my rear for drag racing purposes and ill just sell all 4 steedas

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
do they have to settle again or something? they came off another mustang.
It depends how long they'd been off the other car. If they were off the car for a while then they probably stretched back out and it'll take a while for them to settle back down on your car.

I have heard someone heat them up and it dropped

:dunno
Horrible idea. Heating/cooling metal will affect the properties of the spring, not to mention the strength.

they're called progressive rate springs. they take time to adjust the ride height. were did you buy them from?
That's not what progressive means... Progressive means that the spring rate changes as the spring compresses. The theory is they are softer when you're just driving on the street and not compressing the spring as much, but when you start cornering or launching hard, they become stiffer.

well no point in taking thing off if they dont lower it since its kinda the same height as the steedas. im getting upr coil overs for my rear for drag racing purposes and ill just sell all 4 steedas
Lemme know if you want to sell the Steedas. Are they the sport springs?

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
I'd put money on letting them settle. I cut my stock springs (3/4 of a coil) and it took them a week or so to settle, when they were only off the car/uncompressed for an hour at most. I think they have to settle in the perches.

Go drive over some train tracks :lol

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Are you sure they are H&R SS or are they H&R race springs? The race springs arent going to be any lower than the Steedas...If they are the SS springs, they should settle in and be what you are looking for.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts