Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have been the owner of a 97 Mustang GT now for nine years and I am looking to put some more modifications into it. Current work to the care is a complete PI Swap (surprisingly easy but a pain when working in the driveway alone), BBK Shorty Headers, BBK Off-Road H-Pipe, and I frequently spray the entire car with canola oil to reduce the air drag which surprisingly cut my 1/4 time by a full second... jk on the last one...

Anyways I'm looking to put some additional mods on the vehicle that will increase HP and Torque while keeping naturally aspired.

One item I will be changing within the next month is the gear ratio (4.10 since I'm running an automatic)

But I was wondering what difference 24lb injectors, 225lph pump, 90mm MAF, and 70mm TB would have on the car if I'm not going to be installing a super charger or a turbo.

Also, I have yet to have my car tuned from the PI Swap and was wondering if anybody could share their dyno results to give me an idea of the before and after.

Thanks a lot for your time, I really appreciate it!

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Your current fuel set up should be supporting the motor just fine. There is no need to upgrade it with the mods you listed. The 70mm Tb will get you better throttle response and I would definately recommend it.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Your current fuel set up should be supporting the motor just fine. There is no need to upgrade it with the mods you listed. The 70mm Tb will get you better throttle response and I would definately recommend it.
+1^

in addition to skipping the un-needed mods, start thinking about an aftermarket higher stall torque converter, it's a straight forward swap & while it doesn't add power on its own, it lets you better use the power you have.

you can expect a half second off 1/4 mile times with a properly selected converter over the stock one.

a shift kit with drop that even more.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
agree'd with the fuel thing. the upgraded fuel stuff will support power, not make power. as for other mods, sub fram connectors, control arms, stall, ported heads, cams, upper plenum, shift kit, and tune. those are the mods i personally recommend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the input!

97S281 - I will definitely look into the 70mm TB.
Casper GT - Do you have any recommendations for a shift kit?
Sweet2kStang - I wanted to port the PI heads before I put them on but I ended up not because of lack of funds but I guess in reality it was my impatience to get the car on the road... I'm a stupid stupid man for doing that... Upper Plenum is another item on my to buy list also I need to find a shop that will tune the car. I can't find many people that do Mustangs, around here it's mostly Chevy stuff.

I'm going to post a couple links to youtube videos one is an example of what my car sounds like after the PI Swap (heads & manifold), BBK Shorties, BBK Off Road H-Pipe. The second video is a video I produced for the rockabilly group The Primer Greys. Just doing some shameless promotion... I'm sorry!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A new set of polished 4.10 gears are hopefully going to be at my door within the next week or two! I may post a video of this process since I never made one for the P.I. swap...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts