Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was needing some insight on how or easiest way to remove? I need to get to the front 2 intake bolts and can't get the tube to budge. Thanks.:)

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
After messing with plenty of these, I've found the easiest way to get them out of the heads is to carefully pry up against the sensor bosses with a screwdriver. Remove the sensors before doing so...this pic was taken just to show where to place the screwdriver.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. Reps!! I was afraid to pry from down there.90k miles and she's fighting me the whole way! :D

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
No problem. Glad you were able to get it off. Those things can be a real pain to free from the heads.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully it goes back on easier than it came off. :D

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Reactions: Wich88

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool! I'm going to have to get one. Mine is stuck on, going to have to heat it up to get it off. Nice little addition to cleaning up the motor. Reps. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Judging by the looks of the crossover cap, I'd say it's not going back on. For those of you with 4Vs that are constantly filling up your coolant give this a serious look:

Got bored and solved a problem.... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

Great quality too btw.
I work with that guy. He's actually using my design. We made a deal where he gets to sell them on a couple forums and I get to sell them on the others. lol.
He's in Cancun for a week. PM me if you're interested in one of these...
Here's my original thread on them:
Coolant Crossover Cap... - Lincolns of Distinction Discussion Forum

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like how the other one you can put a socket or wrench to it. Can you make it the same way and how much? :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got my plug for the crossover tube. Wanted to let everyone know the guy is legit and ships fast.:)

I ended up having to weld a nut to my old plug to remove it. I also found out Ford doesn't make the crossover tubes anymore.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I prefer the clean look of the original ford plug. The "secret" is to use some anti-seize on the plug threads so that it does not get stuck.
Also, if you want to make it a little easier to remove the bypass tube next time, clean up the bores in the block so that all the dirt is gone and you can see bare aluminum. Then lubricate all three of the o-rings with a small coat of oil. That bypass tube separates into two parts with an o-ring sealing them together in the middle.
You can get brand new o-rings from NAPA, just give them the bypass tube and they will match some up for you.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I prefer the clean look of the original ford plug. The "secret" is to use some anti-seize on the plug threads so that it does not get stuck.
Also, if you want to make it a little easier to remove the bypass tube next time, clean up the bores in the block so that all the dirt is gone and you can see bare aluminum. Then lubricate all three of the o-rings with a small coat of oil. That bypass tube separates into two parts with an o-ring sealing them together in the middle.
You can get brand new o-rings from NAPA, just give them the bypass tube and they will match some up for you.

Good advice. I wish the PO could have read it, but he didn't and my plug was fused to the bypass tube. You can still get the o-rings from Ford, just can't get the bypass tube. I don't have to worry about it coming off again, instead of having a slot for a quarter inch drive that I have to worry about stripping out. I can now put a socket to it :). IMO I think it looks better than the stock plug.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
Wanted to let everyone know the guy is legit and ships fast.:)
I sent him a PM here over a month ago for one and never heard back. I just sent him another PM over on the LOD site yesterday. Hopefully I'll get a reply.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sure Toybreaker will get back to you.:)

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
I'm sure Toybreaker will get back to you.:)
He just replied and was just sent some Paypal funds. :rockon Can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:rockon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts