Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has developed a real bad water leak. If I hook up a hose to the radiator water runs out at the back of the engine just about as quick as it runs in. It looks like its coming out between the rear of the engine and the transmission casing. All help and advice gratefully received.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
there could be several possibilities but first see if you can take a closer look and see if it is coming from a hose or the block
if it is coming from a hose replace the hose, if it is coming from the block seal it with that gasket stuff from the tube

·
Registered
114 Posts
yeah man probally a freeze plug which is found on the side ofur block.. there cheap dont worry if thats it if its not a bad leak u can use a radiator leak fixer i forgot its name BAR something i think its brown u put water in ur radiator let it idle and warm up some.. keep water in it and poor it in there and let it run so it can circulate it might fix the leak.. or if its bad change it its not a huge job.... but u might wanna get a few more apinions about the bar stuff some people might think its bad for ur motor and **** and i dont want some **** like that to happen ..

·
Registered
116 Posts
its called BarrsLeak and don't use that ****in ****,it will clog up your rad and heater core !!!!! :crazy if it is a frost plug it is an easy fix

·
Registered
114 Posts
k thanks beeker my friend used the **** i asked him if it would clog his radiator up and he said no.. thats why i asked for someone elses opinion whos used it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you use osme stuff called irontite i knwo its spelt wierd but i thinks if ir emember right then thats how its spelt, anyways its really good stuff if it isnt the frost plug and is a gasket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts