Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got into my car today, and as I was driving I noticed a good amount of water dripping from behind the glove box onto the passenger side floor, and when I got home, as I'm investigating, come to find out the whole passenger side floor area is soaked with water, almost to the point of standing water. Just about everything is wet: the wiring, the side walls, and I can't even tell where to start looking for where it's coming in, so does anyone have any input, and if I took it to the dealer may it still be under warranty for them to check it out? I should still have bumper to bumper coverage; thanks in advance to any input

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
your bumper to bumper is 3years or 36000 miles whichever comes first unless you purchased an extended warranty that would include something like this.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
there are many versions of extended warranties. call the service department and tell them which warranty you bought and ask them. if you got the cheap extended warranty it's most likely only for the drivetrain.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got into the cabin air filter housing, and there was a pool of water, probably about a gallon or two, just chillin in there. After I "towelled" out all of the water the entire bottom had a thick carpet of pine needles and just crap. Cleaned out that and the drain grommet (which was completely jammed full of more crap). 99% percent sure this will solve the problem. Thank you guys for the input and the assistance, apologize for wasting your time by not searching first!

·
Registered
889 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Was going to say it's probably a clogged grommet under the cabin filter....but looks like you found it!

·
Registered
182 Posts
does sound like a heater core, Well in all of my old schools it was located behind the dash above the glove box

1 - 12 of 12 Posts