Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any tips on getting this damn thing off. I have beating been that bitch with a hammer and screwdriver for 30 minutes. Finally gave up when i broke my screwdriver! That thing is a bitch!

Reactions: ajm

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah... unless there is a hidden one. ive taken 4 bolts out holding it to the block.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
spray some wd40 down around the seem. hopefully it will lube up the o-ring some.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Take a pry bar to it. We had to put some muscle into getting Doc's off.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got it..... I used a BIG block of red oak fire wood. I can believe its on that hard!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ well weems i didnt have a 2x4 cause it seems like the 2x4's from home depot have legs. Im going to have to start going to lowe's and getting the ones without legs.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
^ well weems i didnt have a 2x4 cause it seems like the 2x4's from home depot have legs. Im going to have to start going to lowe's and getting the ones without legs.
:yes :yes, if you ever do find any w/o legs let me know where you got them from. Looked into a stewart one for your new build?

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
I had problems taking my pump off, im too late to help, but for the future, if you let your car sit for a long time, so it all cools down it comes off fairly easy.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^ Motor been sitting on a stand for 3 days. Ill prolly give it 2 more days and hopefully it should be cooled off by then. :eek: :hug :D

:sorry

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
oh, my bad. Have you tried hitting it to try to turn it some? I actually broke a piece off of the stock water pump trying to get it off, it wouldn't come off and after letting it sit, it just pulled off effortlessly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.