Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 1989 LX 5.0 in September, and since I bought it, it hasn't had an overflow tank. Yeah, I know, not a huge deal, but I got one cheap off of eBay. When I unscrew the cap, I can see this one has an overflow sensor. On the cap, three small metal prongs are there. Something plugs into it. What? If I confused you guys and you need pictures, lemme know and I'll snap away.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I bought my 1989 LX 5.0 in September, and since I bought it, it hasn't had an overflow tank. Yeah, I know, not a huge deal, but I got one cheap off of eBay. When I unscrew the cap, I can see this one has an overflow sensor. On the cap, three small metal prongs are there. Something plugs into it. What? If I confused you guys and you need pictures, lemme know and I'll snap away.
My car, 93 LX, has the same thing there is a plug that goes to it that comes from the drivers side fenerwell up underneath the battery.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Most LXs didn't come with a low coolant sensor so there is probably no wiring on your car, just leave it unplugged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts