Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i was wondering how the hell does it work?? i live in s texas n its hot as heel at the track. i got the brenspeed stage 3 saleen w/ upgraded heat exchanger. i was thinking of using water wetter but i dont know how to use it. where do i put it in?? and how many bottles should i buy??

·
Registered
135 Posts
hey guys. i was wondering how the hell does it work?
This product has had many conversations over its usefulness. Some people swear by it, others didn't see any noticeable improvement in cooling. Best way to find out is try it yourself. I used it once and didn't see any difference in cooling but that was just me.

INFO:

Water Wetter® Super Coolant WaterWetter® is a unique wetting agent for cooling systems which reduces coolant temperatures by as much as 30ºF. This liquid product can be used to provide rust and corrosion protection in plain water for racing engines, which provides much better heat transfer properties than glycol-based antifreeze. Or it can be added to new or used antifreeze to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems. Designed for modern aluminum, cast iron, copper, brass and bronze systems.

· Doubles the wetting ability of water
· Improves heat transfer
· Reduces cylinder head temperatures
· May allow more spark advance for increased torque
· Reduces rust, corrosion and electrolysis of all metals
· Provides long term corrosion protection
· Cleans and lubricates water pump seals
· Prevents foaming
· Reduces cavitation corrosion
· Complexes with hard water to reduce scale

wetting ability

Definition

Relative ability of a fluid to spread readily and uniformly over the surface of another fluid or solid, forming a thin, continuous film. Fluids with high surface tension (such as mercury) have little or no wetting ability; those with low surface tension (such as petroleum solvents) have high wetting ability. Fluids with medium surface tension (such as water) acquire greater wetting ability with the addition of a wetting agent. Wetting ability is of critical importance in cleaning, dyeing, painting, and printing.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I use it both in my radiator and my S/C intercooler, works very well!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
they both work practically the same, but I use water wetter since it debuted.

I think it's 1 bottle for the radiator and 1/2 bottle for the intercooler

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
they both work practically the same, but I use water wetter since it debuted.

I think it's 1 bottle for the radiator and 1/2 bottle for the intercooler
^+1 thats what it calls for ( unless of coarse you have an air to air intercooler, then I wouldnt recomend its use. I know, this is pretty silly to even mention but you never know, could save someones tail )

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a buddy who used the Redline stuff in his '57 chevy. He swears it's lowered the coolant temp. by 20 degrees.
Never had a need to use anything like that myself tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts