Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is this kid telling me that his 05 gt is putting down 577 hp to the wheels. Mind you its a stock block and crank, all he has done to it is a blower, heads and cams. He also said by the end of the summer it will have 800...pretty sure he is full of ****.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Tell him Crack kills!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
WELL tell him you got a jet fuel tune and flux compassator and putting 700rwhp to the wheels.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So there is this kid telling me that his 05 gt is putting down 577 hp to the wheels. Mind you its a stock block and crank, all he has done to it is a blower, heads and cams. He also said by the end of the summer it will have 800...pretty sure he is full of ****.
Could be true....but it wont last till the summer thats for sure lol....

·
Registered
609 Posts
he's a liar

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
it can hold it. some of the 3v's can hold upward towards the 600 mark, not many but is possible.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
If it's true it wont last the 3v's have cast rods, pistons, and cranks just like us 2v guys.

Our cars with heads cams and a blower can make even more than 577. But not for very long on the stock boittom end.

If he has forged the rods and pistons he could safely make 577 on the stock crank and block. You never mentioned if they were stock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
how much boost is he running?to get 577 he would have to be running at least 18 psi ,and wth a stock bottom end it wont last long

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
just pull him for a race if he has 577 he should be able to prove it

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I asked him for the dyno sheet and he said he "couldnt find it" and the motor has nothing done to it, it is stock internals. I would ask him to race but its like 15 degrees here today and it snowed lastnite so my car isnt going out of the garage but he is driving it in this weather, thats why I think hes full of it

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
for 577 he would 100% need forced induction

·
Registered
806 Posts
the current setup and power is possible as sweet said

but 800 on the stock block wont happen

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
With those mods and depending on the blower and psi he is running it is very possible to throw down 577 to the wheels...seen it done many times. But if he hasn't rebuilt his bottom end his engine is toast in a short time thats for sure....but i mean how old is htis kid? I think he's just ****in with you personally

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Flex capacitator, eh? I think I heard that one before. It brings me back to the high school auto shop days. LOL

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
If he truely does have 577 rwhp, his engine is only good for that ONE dyno pull. Any more gasin' it and it's toast...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts