Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've used this stuff a few times, and it's moderately okay for really small chips and scratches, but it's not a very good wax and it doesn't seem to do much for swirl marks and such. As far as what are the best waxes, here's some info that I posted on another thread...

"Well, it kind of depends on how fanatical you are. :D And opinions on "the best" wax are as varied as those who use them and the results that they get.

There are two ways to go at it - a wax or a sealant. If you're waxing, a high quality carnuba wax is generally considered best, a popular brand being P21S or something like it. On the sealant side, Zaino is considered by many to be the best, although there are others that are poplular as well.

And of course, if you go fanatical on the detailing there are a number of steps leading up to the wax/sealant - wash/dry, clay, polish (medium -> mild), and then the wax/sealant. (Which can have a two or three step application in and of itself.) The polish step is especially important if you've got dark colors like black or a dark blue or dark green and want to get the swirls and micro-scratches out of it. (And where the PC 7424 comes in.)

Generally, a good carnuba wax is "warmer" and provides more depth, and a sealant is more durable - although either of those statements are based on the outcomes of individual users and the eye of the beholder... "

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I've used this stuff a few times, and it's moderately okay for really small chips and scratches, but it's not a very good wax and it doesn't seem to do much for swirl marks and such. As far as what are the best waxes, here's some info that I posted on another thread...

"Well, it kind of depends on how fanatical you are. :D And opinions on "the best" wax are as varied as those who use them and the results that they get.

There are two ways to go at it - a wax or a sealant. If you're waxing, a high quality carnuba wax is generally considered best, a popular brand being P21S or something like it. On the sealant side, Zaino is considered by many to be the best, although there are others that are poplular as well.

And of course, if you go fanatical on the detailing there are a number of steps leading up to the wax/sealant - wash/dry, clay, polish (medium -> mild), and then the wax/sealant. (Which can have a two or three step application in and of itself.) The polish step is especially important if you've got dark colors like black or a dark blue or dark green and want to get the swirls and micro-scratches out of it. (And where the PC 7424 comes in.)

Generally, a good carnuba wax is "warmer" and provides more depth, and a sealant is more durable - although either of those statements are based on the outcomes of individual users and the eye of the beholder... "
+1 now recommend Mothers products :yes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts