Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, this isn't going to be about what wax you like. We have been over that many times.

Do you prefer paste or liquid?

Do you prefer to apply in straight lines or swirls?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I personally prefer paste and depending whether the wax is a hard or soft carnauba will determine if I apply it in straight lines or very small circles. Yet, I do prefer to apply carnaubas in very small overlapping circles; using light pressure of course. Sealants on the other hand I apply in straight lines every time.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I prefer paste. Nine times out of ten I apply with a PC on a red pad. When I do apply by hand I go in a straight line.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,737 Posts
It really depends on what my goal is. I love the fact that BFWD is a liquid. It makes it easy and fast to apply. On high-grade LSP waxes, I prefer paste. The long and slow process is very thereputic(sp).

I normally apply liquids with the PC and paste in small circles.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Paste by far. I do straight lines on panels and right along edges I do small circles. It's some OCD thing, I dunno.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I know JL use a hair dryer to heat his applicator pads to apply hard carnaubas like RBOE so that is spread easily and thinly. I am going to try this technique out in the future.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For me I prefer my carnuba wax in paste form. I also prefer to apply them by hand. I find the wax dictates which method I use in terms of straight lines or circles. For example, Meguiars #16 covers better with swirls where as Chemical Guys 5050 covers perfectly with straight lines. Straight lines is much easier and faster to apply in my opinion so I'd much rather use this method.

On another note, sometimes I like to use the DA with a MF to remove the wax or sealant. Just simply wrap the pad in a MF and set speed to ~3. It generally removes the majority of the wax but you'll still want to do a secondary wipe by hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts