Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PO of my car went a little wax happy, he waxed the cowl under the windshield, and the mirrors, and the deck lid which now all have white wax marks on them and in the microscopic crevices of the plastic.

He also waxed the windshield, im not sure if people do that or not.. but it kinda makes it hard to drive in the rain :p Rain-x or similar is a lot better for windows!

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Use a stiff bristle brush and purple power. I always wax my glass! I like it better than the rain x.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try cleaning them with apc first then report back

Nothing wrong with waxing or I find sealants work much better
Using a sealant on your glass you'll barely need your wipers
What is APC, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, Ive ordered from autogeek before. But it says that product cannot be shipped internationally. So ill have to find a dealer here in Canada! But thanks again!

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks again! I'm there looking, wondering if its renamed in Canada or they don't have that specific one.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I kinda thought that might be what I was looking for.

You seem to know what your talking about, even just judging from the looks of your car.

What would you recommend for a wash product, one that will remove LSP and one that wont. I also need a leather cleaner/conditioner.

Thanks again!

·
Banned
8,398 Posts

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
how do you feel about auto glym products SONIC?

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
from what I've used they're good not great, kind of like entry level professional products imo, their wash and wax will leave bad spotting if you miss a spot drying the car, their vinyl rubber care is good, but I prefer gel types for tires and trims not sprays

their wax is good but its more of a $20-30 dollar wax, not $50

ultimately I think there are more effective performance and budget alternatives, chemical guys would be an example, I would take petes 53 all day over aghd as well as their 50/50 and XXX

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
i was going to say that the OP could pick their stuff up at Canadian Tire (local retailer) if they had anything good

i like their wheel cleaner and tire shine

thats about all that worked good for me

i do have an un opened box of their HD wax that i havent used

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just ordered this:

1 x Chemical Guys Liquid Leather $21.99
1 x Chemical Guys greenCLEAN 16oz $12.99
1 x Chemical Guys Citruswash + Gloss 16oz $12.99
1 x Griot's Garage Car Wash Nozzle #92526 $16.99

In addition, I also have:

PC 7424xp
lots of pads
Mg 105/205
menzerna power lock
pinnacle souveran paste wax

Reactions: SON1C

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
i was going to say that the OP could pick their stuff up at Canadian Tire (local retailer) if they had anything good

i like their wheel cleaner and tire shine

thats about all that worked good for me

i do have an un opened box of their HD wax that i havent used
their products aren't bad, just some better alternatives but with them being a local retailer to you I'd definitely try out most of their line :yes try out aghd you'll like it, the supplied mf is nice, I also love the container, the feel is sweet :lol

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Just ordered this:

1 x Chemical Guys Liquid Leather $21.99
1 x Chemical Guys greenCLEAN 16oz $12.99
1 x Chemical Guys Citruswash + Gloss 16oz $12.99
1 x Griot's Garage Car Wash Nozzle #92526 $16.99

In addition, I also have:

PC 7424xp
lots of pads
Mg 105/205
menzerna power lock
pinnacle souveran paste wax
that's a solid line up :yes power lock for durability, souveran for looks :D not that powerlock doesn't look good as well, you're going to love wash and gloss, the aio leather cleaner and conditioner is good as well, apc is apc

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I would highly recommend the two part leather cleaning system. I havent worked with the cq aio but I Do have meg aio leather cleaner it seemed nice till I basically trashed a brand New mf using cg 2 part system because of all the dirt that didn't come off previously came out with the system.

sent from ponyville

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I plan on getting the CG leather setup

1 - 19 of 19 Posts