Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Boy has that ship sailed. I'm sure you can see that in the member activity numbers. There's what, single digits around anymore?

I get it, everything has to be mobile friendly and easier to monetize.

I don't know how many people expect improvements per se. And what is typically done is seldom considered an improvement.

...or to translate, maximizing profit off of said data and information is extremely important. But I've got a bad feeling going forward as you can't squeeze blood from a stone. This place was already a ghost town to begin with and this seems to have sealed its fate. It's a shame.
Thanks for sharing your view, I hope that in coming updates based off of feedback we win back those who share views like yours. Please let us know if there is any feature you're looking to see.

-Gerrit

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
Boy has that ship sailed. I'm sure you can see that in the member activity numbers. There's what, single digits around anymore?
I get it, everything has to be mobile friendly and easier to monetize.
I don't know how many people expect improvements per se. And what is typically done is seldom considered an improvement.
...or to translate, maximizing profit off of said data and information is extremely important. But I've got a bad feeling going forward as you can't squeeze blood from a stone. This place was already a ghost town to begin with and this seems to have sealed its fate. It's a shame.
You hit every part I was going to reply to.

A community makes the forum. Driving away that community kills the forum. That community has been driven away in large numbers since the AG takever/redesign. It stopped being about the community, and turned into a profit center.

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
Thanks for sharing your view, I hope that in coming updates based off of feedback we win back those who share views like yours. Please let us know if there is any feature you're looking to see.

-Gerrit
Go back to vBulletin, but that will limit the monetization of AGs investment.

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
also, looks like automerge isnt working lol

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
And I guess this is a thing too?

·
He of Long Wind
2,172 Posts
So ... out of pure curiosity, I've been checking the "Currently Online" page throughout the day. Most of the time, I show as the only member currently online - a couple times there were one or two others. Just now I checked, and alas, I am here alone. Of course, the stats would seem to indicate there are about 300+ guests (lurkers/creepers, etc.) joining me, but that number remains pretty static. I suspect it represents something other than pairs of human eyes on the site.

Helllllooooooooooooo???? Is anyone in here?????????????

·
Administrator
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
We will continue to see weekly updates (approximately) that are largely based on community feedback.

Week by week, we will get there.

- Cricket

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Activity doesn't look very good. I checked the new posts page and half of it was from that Dan something spam account, the other half mostly politics.

Which brings up another point, there's been three new spam accounts bumping dead threads from 10+ years ago, two from India, one from Ukraine. That does not bode well.

·
He of Long Wind
2,172 Posts
So, let me get this straight. Monetizing the historical content on this forum (all 6.3 million posts) is now the primary mission of the site. It makes sense. Mustang enthusiasts will continue to search for technical help – and Google will continue to index the library of resources on this forum. If every existing page is optimized for clicks and ad displays, the data will continue to provide revenue for AG – whether or not additional content is contributed.

I get it; people like to make money. Fine! But why not just say that? Why pretend like this is still a bustling community forum of Mustang lovers? Why pretend you're improving the member experience? We all know the forum isn't going to “grow.” It's over. Were it not for a small handful of hangers-on, like me, the forum would be completely dead already. All the major contributors are gone. So, why are you bothering with the phony diplomacy? Why not just say, “Thanks for the database, suckers!” and shut down the member's section? At least then I can just delete the bookmark and move on.

Did I misunderstand something?

·
Administrator
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I have been working with this new platform since May. What we have found is that initially things slow down for a bit. After 30-60 days we see the site begin to grow again.

Give it some time. We will get there. :)

- Christmas

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
has anyone figured out how to make this site suck less? is there any old skin to go back to? or any way to bring back the old members that have left?

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
So can I get my admin rights back? I bought a new toy

Reactions: Administrator
21 - 32 of 32 Posts