Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!! I have the '01 Cobra and my brother has the '97 Cobra. He normally rolls with the gunmetal Saleen wheels and I have the chrome ones. We decided to switch. We both kinda like our cars how they were, but we snapped some pictures and now we want your opinions...let me have 'em!!! :yes

normal:

traded:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, my black one sat in the Missouri sun, rain, and who knows what else for a year after it was repossessed from some dude. I think it looks pretty good considering?!?
I'm just curious what made you say that? My brother's side windows are scratched, but what on mine looks like it needs detailing. FYI - I'm not mad or anything...just curious - I need something to polish!

Also, resizing the pictures in "Paint" makes them look hazy?!?

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
You should keep the trade. Both cars look better IMO.

·
Registered
450 Posts
good trade. looks good

·
Registered
65 Posts
where did your brother pickup those Gunmetal saleens? I've been looking for a set for my ride.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
both cars look great after the switch. BUT i have an 03 gt and ive always liked the darker rims, so i like ur body style car and the darker rim set up. def not taking anything away from the red 4v.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I like the trade. but im kinda biased i have the same wheels lol.. And to the guy who asked the only place i think they sell them like that is oewheelsllc.com. And they have been out of stock there for a long time..

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
so who wins when yall race?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To answer your question about who wins: it was within 1 tenth and you don't want to know our times...first time at the track!! Our we are now both sniper tuned and he has drag radials. We are going up to Marion, SD this weekend. I will let you know then. And for the Nissan Skyline GTR R35, it was amazing!! He ran a 12.5 bone stock...not to shabby!! I think we are switching wheels back though?!? I like my chromies. And there are two black GTs with black wheels around here?!?

·
Registered
812 Posts
so who wins when yall race?
haha you beat me two it, that was my first thought when I seen that pic.

as for the wheels I like dark on dark normally but I think it looked better before the trade, but still looks go after tho, so anyway its a win win

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, who wins?!?

Well, I ran a 14.37 at 100...not very fast!
He ran a 14.5 at 97...not very fast!

It was only our 2nd time at the track, so it leaves plenty of room for improvement. We were both hoping to break into the 13's, but...next time!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts