Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
On a manual you don't NEED a tuner for gears.

I'd recommend gears and a T-lok as one of your first mods though. You'll feel a huge difference with them.

Why do you have a 2003 Roush listed in your sig?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I would say just save and wait for your father to do whatever.

·
UNOH Suspension Enthusiast
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its an auto. The roush is as my sign cause i finished the body work on my car recently and havent mmade a sig. The roush is dads. If i tuned it, put .373 gears in and put a k&n air filter on it what type of power increase would I see?

·
Registered
615 Posts
save it up because apparently you cannot buy anything in that range.

and by goodness you better have patience and save that money because you'll get blessed out if you want to spend that money now.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I would get a catback , 8.8 rear with 4.10s, a cheap nitrous kit, or buy exterior mods. Buy things that will go with the 8 if you do drop it in you can keep the parts, but if you never get it in you will still have these on your 6.

A custom cat back shouldn't cost that much, but make sure they put flanges instead of welding the piping into your cats so it will be easy to do the swap. Also a used 8.8 with gears souldnt be that much money on Craigslist if you can find it, same with the nitrous kit. A tuner would be a good choice but idk if free tunes xfer over with a engine swap.

·
Registered
730 Posts
save it up because apparently you cannot buy anything in that range.

and by goodness you better have patience and save that money because you'll get blessed out if you want to spend that money now.
dont be jeallyyy cause you got owned last night ^_^
we actually like him round thesee parts.
also before you flame the thread note that this is a hypothetical question and his price range is more realistic than that of a certain forum member that made a post yesterday:shiftyeyes

Okay. So lets say I was to only want to spend 200 to 400. What would give mme the best bang for my buck? Dads still stuck on puting a v8 into it later so what can I gain some horsepower with in that price range?

since its auto

id say tuner and CAI or tuner + headers :D i just love the sound lol JMO

i dont think gears are in your range :( unless you get lucky

but in my HIGHER opinion .... fix ANYTHING thats wrong while you have the money because my first 250 into the car was getting a new hinge latch and window motor on my drivers side (money i did not have btw) because it was sagging and eventually from slamming the door the window motor got stuck and the lattch stopped working :mad:

for real fix ANYTHING thats wrong with it because it could turn out to cost you WAY more that you would have in the beginning

anything after that ... happy modding :rockon

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
I vote gears+tlok or tuner, you wont gain much from a tuner atm but it'll increase everything you do along the way+reads codes, also with a tuner you'll get better shifting.

or saveup and do a full exhaust including LT's

or a windstar

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
your price range sir, being an automatic, go to Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle, Tuners, SCT SF3/X3 + Free Tunes for life deal. MM members get a 6% discount last time i knew.

This tuner is what you want for that money, and for your auto.

This will be used for any mods you do later down the road.

The biggest increase, shifts. It shifts up to 25% harder. It makes your auto come alive !!!! Trust me, i have an auto, and its one of my favorite upgrades !!!!

Run 91/93 octane, firmer shifts, no speed limiter, adjustable rev limiter, shift RPM, data logging, gears, tire sizes, can check "check engine" lights, ect ect ect ect ect ect.

You will be very happy with this :)

·
UNOH Suspension Enthusiast
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol, I've put 5 grand into its appearences and drivability, now its mod time. I thought about doing the 8.8 upgrade but cant find a decent priced used one. My first goal is to shut up the kid with a 95 3.8l (stock) that wants to race me

·
Registered
615 Posts
dont be jeallyyy cause you got owned last night ^_^
we actually like him round thesee parts.
also before you flame the thread note that this is a hypothetical question and his price range is more realistic than that of a certain forum member that made a post yesterday:shiftyeyes

since its auto

id say tuner and CAI or tuner + headers :D i just love the sound lol JMO

i dont think gears are in your range :( unless you get lucky

but in my HIGHER opinion .... fix ANYTHING thats wrong while you have the money because my first 250 into the car was getting a new hinge latch and window motor on my drivers side (money i did not have btw) because it was sagging and eventually from slamming the door the window motor got stuck and the lattch stopped working :mad:

for real fix ANYTHING thats wrong with it because it could turn out to cost you WAY more that you would have in the beginning

anything after that ... happy modding :rockon
jelly? ^_^?

are you five? and I don't care if you like me, because I know it's hard to deal with a member who dosn't put up with bs from twerps who think they run this place.

anyways 250 should go into the bank account

1 - 20 of 20 Posts