Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay im in the process of removing weight and my question is for the rear mach 460 rack with amps can i jsut diconnect it remove it and shed that weight and still have radio which wont bump but would the radio still fucntion ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
soo your saying the front speakers will sound like crap if i remove the whole rear 460 deck with rear speakers and evrything i dnt need the bumpin sound i jsut wanna make sure it will sound clean and good

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my car is weighing at 2950 with me in it and half tank. soo im trying to get lower weight to power ratio.. vortech with full weight car is disappointing vortech with a 2950 car lifts the fornt tires ; )

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Yeah dont take em out unless its just going to be a track car

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
If it is your daily driver I would not recommend dropping the mach... If you are used to the Mach radio and you take it out... you are in for a surprise.
Take out the rear seats? Get lighter wheels?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
I have the mach 1000 system and my subs and amps are out right now because i just did my boost a pump and mounted it in the spare tire well and it sounds like crap right now!

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
If it is your daily driver I would not recommend dropping the mach... If you are used to the Mach radio and you take it out... you are in for a surprise.
Take out the rear seats? Get lighter wheels?

the seat delete wont help much. the back seat seriously doesnt weigh that much at all. but with the wheels, thats also like a rotating mass thing. anything that moves with the engine (drive shaft, flywheel and such) and can be lightened will help. wont make more HP but the car should get up in the rev's faster and feel alot more snappy

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
you could also take out that heavy ass drivers seat. that alone is like 80 lbs. throw in the tire, rear seat, and the crap from the back and your car will go .1 seconds faster in the quarter mile ;)

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
yeah it sounds like you have the right idea if your car is under 3k with you in it.. i find it very hard to believe, no offense.. what weight reduction have you done?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.