Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so im thinking of adding a sub to my 03 but was concerned about adding weight. I decided on a type s 12 inch sub woofer and a shallow small sealed box with a small amp. All together it will add 32-35lbs. Will i notice that difference at all in terms of power?

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
I highly doubt you will notice 35 pounds.

Hell, I know some people that can't notice a difference when their car is full :facepalm:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i already have an aluminum drive shaft, front sway bar removed, and the spare tire gone so i guess i can afford 35 pounds

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Assuming you have a gt, you have more then enough torque to justify 35 pounds lol. This motor was used in pickup trucks as well.

Even in a vtach, you would barley notice a difference.

Well, maybe not a loltech :lol

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha i know my gt is pretty well modded too, 280rwhp 3.73 gears 03. i just hate adding weight but at the same time a small sub will make me happy

·
Registered
754 Posts
wtf? i can always notice the difference when people are in my car. especially more than 2 people. that just amazed me haha unless you are supercharged or have a ton of hp and tq. then maybe year under normal driving habits.

but as for that sub, i dont think you'll notice one shallow mount and a small amp.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where else can you remove 35 pounds from the front?? i have the front sway bar removed anything else lol?

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Get rid of your k member and a arms and swap in tubular stuff.

:baller:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts