Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i dynoed my car for the first time after getting nitrous. 2 months ago I pulled 245 with just a CAI, prochamber, and bassani catback.
pretty good for an AUTOMATIC. i know i know, i should have gotten manual but long story. anywayss, i decided i wanted to get nitrous, so i just stuck with the 75 shot. So anyways, today i pulled 299rwhp, and 363 rwtorque. Pretty happy with the results, BUT it was a weird line. Both horsepower and torque line kept jumping up and down. It went from 300 to 270 and back to 300 all the way through. There were even times where it went down to 240 so i guess that was all motor. I have stock spark plugs(the guy that did it for me said with 75 shot i don't need any colder plugs). Anyone 's car with an automatic and nitrous does the same thing? What do you guys thing it could be, maybe the automatic or spark plugs? I'll post a picture of dyno soon. Sorry it was so long:D, but thanks in advance for responses!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Could have been converter problems??
Thats what I'm thinkin'. Either you're on the shittiest dyno EVER and your tires were slipping, or the more likely, your TQ converter is going bad.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol yeah the tires werent slipping, but you guys really think it's the torque converter? we did a run on 2nd gear and the line was steady all the way through... or that wouldn't matter cuz it's not pulling as much? (280 rwhp on 2nd)

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
lol yeah the tires werent slipping, but you guys really think it's the torque converter? we did a run on 2nd gear and the line was steady all the way through... or that wouldn't matter cuz it's not pulling as much? (280 rwhp on 2nd)
Is it possible that your converter is slipping in and out of lock-up mode??

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
On the same note, could the bad converter cause surging during long 2nd and 3rd gear pulls on the street. Feels like a power surge during long pulls.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
damn did you let a 2 year old color that dyno sheet?

Definatly looks like your not locking up in third/slipping like crazy.

With the way that chart is showing...you really should be feeling the surges in the petal.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
damn did you let a 2 year old color that dyno sheet?
yeah it sure looks like that's what happened lol... but i was hoping it wasn't the torque converter...i thought i was done with spending money for a little while haha, guess not.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
when you manually put your car in second, it wasnt doing it as bad because the converter is locked up...as stated...it is having trouble staying locked up. looks like a good excuse to put in a stall converter

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
or get a better tuner........
Or a something on that tranny that's a pathetic readout......
That's like my lie detector test When asked if I had ever had Sex before!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
or get a better tuner........
Or a something on that tranny that's a pathetic readout......
That's like my lie detector test When asked if I had ever had Sex before!
hahaha well the thing is that the guy that did it for me told me i don't need a tune, so it's not tuned and he didn't decrease the timing(i'm starting to regret i got installed there) ..but what do you guys recommend? i heard good things about SCT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts