Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought i would share this with you guys see if maybe you have seen the issue. recently the car was runnign real bad. the idle was rough and at high rpm the power cut off around 3000 rpm. I noticed getting on the highway one dy. My dad being a mechanic for about 35 years thought it might be low fuel pressure so new fuel pump motor it was. this didn't help so all new fuel pump assembly, didn't help. This went on for 7-10 days could figure it out . we put a scanner on it, the pressure gauge was showing good pressure the scanner was matching. We soon thought wonder if the exhaust was pluged up we drill 1/16" hole before the cat converter then the middle then after the cats.the middle hole 's pressure was through the roof! the second cat was pluged up big time. We sawed the pipe between in half and sure enough the internals from the first cat blew into the second blocking the flow i would say 90%. We got rid of the cats pieced in the area and she runs like a dream! why this happened I don't know. From what I hear this isn't a common mustang problem. most guys I guess put on a new x pipe anyway. WOW what a sound diiference with out the cats! She sounds healhty and the power is restored!
Heavy foot out!
Blanco GT

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
So you had a plugged cat.

This forum is for question and it looks like you answered your own bro.

Congrats on solving the problem though.

Do you have any questions about your stang?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have one question. I want to stiffin up the automatic shiftig in the car. I have heard countless claims sct is better diablo is better. No one really ever talks about the automatic shifting capabilities. Which one is good better best?

·
Registered
812 Posts
So you had a plugged cat.

This forum is for question and it looks like you answered your own bro.

Congrats on solving the problem though.

Do you have any questions about your stang?
I think he was just giving and FYI in case so other members ever get that problem.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I can't wait to remove the extra cats on my gt. On my Probe GT 5spd,,it was running like **** when I got it,,,largely in part due to a clogged cat - that sucker was almost glowing one night,,surprised the car even ran. Once we gutted that cat,,she's ran great ever since. Sounds deeper/better too :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
dude I had a Ford probe once, it was oly the 4 banger 5 speed, but I loved that car, haha great times, I want to buy another one

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
I do have one question. I want to stiffin up the automatic shiftig in the car. I have heard countless claims sct is better diablo is better. No one really ever talks about the automatic shifting capabilities. Which one is good better best?
Ive used them both. The sct loads tunes faster and such and doesnt seem to lock up like the diablo does on occasion which is a pain in the ass. On the other hand I like the diablo more due to the ability to view live data and such.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Hey, Hmusn... I thought this was a Tech section. not a ASK question only section. get off him,. he had a problem, solved it, and posted it here incase anyone else has the same issue. just like a good poster should.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts