Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. so heres my problem.
when im driving down the road about 60-70 if i slightly turn the wheel the the right i hear a loud whining/humming noise. it sounds like its coming from the right rear tire. any ideas??
also im looking to throw some new pads on the GT the ones i got make so much dust and sqeeeek bad. any suggestions??
mucho gracis
-Scott

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the rear brakes are fine. the front are sqeeky and make alot of dust. the pads are only a few months old i think they just suck. but ya i was thinkin maybe a wheel bearing as well.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
If you're driving, and as you say, turn the wheel one way and it makes that humming sound, the wheel on the opposite side of the direction you turn the wheel typically is the one with the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you're driving, and as you say, turn the wheel one way and it makes that humming sound, the wheel on the opposite side of the direction you turn the wheel typically is the one with the problem.
That is usually the case, but not always. The best thing is since both bearings have about the same wear to replace them both at the same time. Especially with the rear since it's only a few more steps to replace the other side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts