Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why my car stays at 1500 RPM when I push in the clutch and then drops to a normal idle a few seconds later? I'm wondering if its something like the MAF sensor or something like that or if there is a bigger underlined problem. Anything would help! Except telling me to just junk it and get a new one, not gonna happen.

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No once it drops to idle it stays there, I disconnected the battery the other day to change out the connector and I think maybe thats the problem. I read that if you disconnect the batt the car "dumps" the tune and pretty much goes back to stock settings and has to relearn everything so it wont run exaclly right for a while. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Cold start or hot start or both? I believe it depends how long the battery is disconnected as far as the comp goes.

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
Id check all your vac lines too. Those are known for causing a poop idle

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its hot or cold, havent had any time to check lines yet but I will probably be able to sunday. lets hope its something easy and by easy i mean cheap

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
How long have you had the car? You are not referring to how all new edges high idle at anything above 5mph or so? It's because we have hydroboost that runs off the power steering and no brake booster. The brake booster was removed on New Edges for space limitations.

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well today I just found coolant in my oil so now I'm thinking head gasket is the bigger problem right now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts