Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay here is the problem. after my car idles for a bit and warms up it has a horrible tap/whine noise coming from the drivers side. i pulled the pulgs to see what i could. cylinders 5 and 8 had glazing and cylinders 6&7 had carbon deposits. thought that was weird. so i took the valve cover off the driver side. took a look at the cam. cylinder 5 had an open exhaust stroke. the rest (6,7,8) were tdc. the timing looked to be set at -6 for some reason. nothing looks like its wrong. a friend said it could be spark knock from not having hot enough spark. anyone else had problems like this or have experience with it thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here are my mods:

full pi swap with trick flow stage2 cams, springs, lifters, rockers, rollers, comp cam 14 degree cam gears, trick flow upper intake plenum and 75mm tb, bbk cai, bbk shorty headers, pypes O/R-x, and magnaflow cat back 2 1/2", 3:73', spec stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel, fidanza short shifter

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay the check list. for tomaro is. oil pump & lifters see how those are holding up

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well just came in and got cleaned up. turns out i spun a rod. so its time fro a full biuld. im going to go ahead and order a fox lake short block and stage 2 heads from them. about 4k over all since i already have built heads and just need new valves. thanks for everones help lol. watch for my biuld thread once i get the parts in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts