Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its like a riddle. I blew a hose off my intercooler piping right before the intercooler. When i went to put it back on i felt inside the pipe and there was oil. It was brown. Inside my p1sc the oil is bluish. The car also puffs a little white smoke.

Also under the head unit there is some brown oil. It doesnt ever drip on the ground or anything.

Any ideas whats going on? I think some oil is getting sucked into the motor from somewhere?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah its because the the pcv valve feeds oil back into the intake. Its not a a big deal, happens to 99% of boosted cars. Best option if it concerns you is to get an oil seperator.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you explain more? So what is the PCV valve is the line from the valve cover to the intake? Why does it happen on boosted cars?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Acually the one on the driver side is the crancase breather or some ****. The passenger one is a pcv valve. Im not sure exactly, but it has something to do with blow by. Its really not a big deal. Anyone that tells you it is a big deal, is over exacurating.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Valve cover breather is on the drivers side. Then it goes to the intake. Could the oil hurt my headunit?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
yes and no. What kind of supercharger do you have? Even if its self contained no it wont hurt you.

If its a Vortech V1 or V2 where it uses oil from the engine, theres no way it would hurt you.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A P1SC Procharger. Yeah Self contained. So your saying its sucking it out of the valve cover and sending it through the blower?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Pretty much yes. Idk if the blower itself is sucking it out which it could be, but regardless its not bad.

Like I said, if it bothers you, get an oil separator.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just as long as its not bad. Seems wierd, you think it can make it way from valve cover thru head unit thru all intercooler piping AND the intercooler?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Im assuming because of the impellar, Im not 100% sure though man. Someone else will have a better answer for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts