Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work 2nd shift so I was on my way home from work friday night. I was on a 2 lane 55 mph highway going 60 or so. All of a sudden the car "bucks" or jerks and I guess it was trying to downshift hard.I slowed down quite a bit and got up to speed again when It happened again. I pulled the car and tried to check things out. No tranny fluid leaking anywhere,the tranny dipstick looked fine,didnt smell burned or anythign like that. The car wasnt missing,didnt want to die,and nothing else seemed out of the ordinary.I wasnt running the car hard,I just got off of work after a long 52 hour week. I still had another 5 miles to get home,didnt have my phone on me,and was out in the middle of nowhere at 230am so I started back up and limped home. This little problem didnt happen again. 114k miles on the car,transmission was serviced 1500 miles or so ago. The car has shifted fine ever since ive had it,and hasnt done this before. I was going to order my tuner but now im going to hold off incase something is screwed up with my transmission.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just put another 20 or so miles on the car mixed city/highway and it hasnt done it again. Its really weirding me out. The tranny doesnt slip,it shifts like it should as far as I can tell etc etc

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
It doesn't sound like its a common occurance so just let it be till it starts actng up again.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
may just be one of them thangs,like my car,the other day i was driving it and all the sudden it leaps to the left then corrects itself, hasn't done it since lol kinda old tho lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts